Tuesday, 22 August 2017

My Time

Having brought up my family and looked after countless international students over the years, I am finally making time for the things I want to do in life.

I have always been keen on self-improvement and I believe that we all learn something new every day of our lives. It doesn't have to be monumental, it can be something quite simple, like understanding a new word, folding a napkin, cooking an egg, but it all counts as learning. 

It was while taking a FutureLearn writing course that I stumbled across the book that everyone is supposed to have inside them. I wasn't really planning on writing a novel, it just happened. What started out as a character description, turned into short, but incomplete story about that character. In order to complete the story, I expanded it to include a host of other characters and tell their stories too. Suddenly, it was 54000 words and a novel.

Now that it is finished, it needs proof-reading before being published. I have opted to publish it myself and will then be able to call myself an Indie Author!

No comments:

Post a Comment