Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Marketing update

I allowed my book to be made available through bookstores and online retailers to reach the widest possible audience. I noticed the other day that Barnes and Noble are offering it for sale in the US at the same price as Amazon.com and that a number of resellers have picked it up and are offering it at varying prices. Interesting...

Today I Googled "Orchard View Deborah Miles" and was pleased to see that top of the search engine results page was my book on the Goodreads.com website. Further down the list was my last Google Plus entry, my Twitter feed, and the final entry on this results page was the link to buy the book on Amazon.co.uk.

Out of curiosity I looked at page 2 of the results and was rather surprised. There was an entry in Japanese, linking to https://www.kinokuniya.co.jp where they are advertising my large print book at US$14.50. I know it is available in Australia and Europe through the relevant Amazon site but I was not expecting that! I will have to have another look next month to see where else in the world it is being sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment