Thursday, 5 April 2018

Moon Half Full

Written by James William Peercy


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Genre Science Fiction, Short Story

Moon Half Full was bought during the #DecTheShelves challenge last year. I chose this book, primarily because it is a short story, as it is in a genre - Science Fiction - that I would not generally choose for myself.


The blurb:


When an excited and playful Jacob and Stephanie arrive at the Moon for their first year anniversary, Jacob discovers a shocking surprise.

Whisked into danger, forced to explore, he discovers his arrival could kill him. In a battle to save both his life and their future, he fights the odds to return back home.



Short Story    Science Fiction   


My thoughts:

The story is basically: Jacob and Susan land their spaceship on the moon. Susan playfully runs away from Jacob. He loses track of her and tries to find her.

Jacob enters a cave, where he passes through time, and finds himself about ten years in the future. He finds Susan and her son, also called Jacob, who he realises was conceived on their way to the moon for their anniversary.

Things are not the same in the future, and Jacob attracts the attention of the military by using his communication device, which is now illegal. His journey through time has also affected him on a cellular level, and he is now ageing rapidly. Jacob must escape, going back the way he came, in the hope of returning to Susan in the past.

Whilst not a genre I would generally read, I have to say I enjoyed this short story, and was slightly disappointed that the story was not longer. I enjoyed the style of writing, and pleasingly, it wasn't full of technical terms, so I found it easy to absorb.

I would definitely read more from this author.




Purchase from:

James William Peercy Website



No comments:

Post a Comment