Thursday, 2 August 2018

Madam Love, Actually

Written by Rich Amooi


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Independently Published (3 April 2018)
Genre Comedy, Humour, Love, Sex and Marriage.
Pages 246
ASIN B07C9RYRHY
ISBN-101980734631
ISBN-13978-1980734635

My thanks to Rich Amooi, the author, and Rachel at Rachel's Random Resources for an invitation to join this Blog Tour and a free copy of Madam Love, Actually in return for an honest review. There's a raffle at the bottom of this post for a beautiful Sterling Silver Lucky Charm Pendant and an autographed paperback copy of Madam Love, Actually, as well as a short extract for you to enjoy.

The blurb:


Lance Parker is an arrogant know-it-all. As author of the bestselling book Your Soulmate Doesn’t Exist, he says love is for losers. Madam Love is a fortune teller and matchmaker who has brought hundreds of couples together.

When the two clash during a radio interview, she admits even someone as irritating and impossible as Lance has a soulmate. He says she’s delirious and a fraud. Then the gauntlet is laid down: Madam Love has two weeks to prove Lance wrong and find him a soulmate.

When Lance meets wonderful Emma by chance, he doesn’t know what to think anymore. But Emma has a secret. She’s Madam Love, actually. And it's going to take a whole lot more than a crystal ball to get her out of this mess.


Fiction    Romance    Humour


My thoughts:

Rich Amooi is a new-to-me author, so I didn't know quite what to expect. The amusing cover was the lure, and the blurb clinched the deal, although I would rather not have known upfront about Madam Love's connection to Emma.

As soon as I started reading, I knew this was going to be 'my cup of tea'. I chomped through the book in under 24 hours - which isn't easy with my schedule.

It is a lovely, well-written, enjoyable, entertaining and funny story. Madam Love is immediately likeable, but it took me a little longer to warm to Lance. He has had a bad experience in the past which has caused him to deny the existence of soulmates and he seems completely closed off to the idea of love at the beginning of the story.

Fortunately, Madam Love has accepted the challenge to find his soulmate for him and Lance's frosty demeanour starts to thaw when he encounters Emma.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I will be looking out for more of Rich Amooi's novels. First stop will be Lilliana Jones and the Temple of Groom because I gather from other reviewers that this is where we first encounter Madam Love.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK   Amazon US    Amazon CA   Amazon AU




Enjoy this short extract from Chapter 12.


In this scene, Madam Love (Emma) is finishing up with a client who just had a consultation on how to meet her soulmate.


“I’d like to meet a modern day mountain man who wears suspenders and long-sleeved plaid flannel shirts,” said Debbie, Emma’s client. “Lean and strong. Someone who’s not afraid to get his hands dirty.”

Emma opened her mouth to respond, but just didn’t have the energy to stop Debbie.

“He does all the usual mountain man things like chopping wood, changing lightbulbs, salmon fishing, et cetera, et cetera, but what makes him a modern mountain man is that he knows his way around a kitchen. He can prepare that fresh salmon he just caught for me in a jiffy. Add a side of mushroom risotto and I’m all his. All night.”

“I already told you it doesn’t work that way,” Emma said, tired of listening to this woman’s fantasy. “You need to stick to my plan.”

Debbie sighed. “I know, I know, but a woman can dream, can’t she? Oh, can you at least make sure he’s tall? I like tall men.”

Doesn’t every woman?

“And he needs to be a dog person.” Emma stared at Debbie. “You know what you need to do to meet your soulmate, darling. Do it and you’ll be rewarded with the man of your dreams.”

“A mountain man?”

“Not necessarily.”

Debbie huffed and got up from the loveseat, following Emma to the reception area. “I wish there were an easier way to do this. Something that takes no effort at all on my part. You just snap your fingers and he appears.”

Emma smiled. “If it were that easy, I would snap my fingers all day long and there would be a line out the door.” She snapped her fingers twice. “See? Nothing.”

The front door opened.

It was Lance, wearing a long-sleeved plaid flannel shirt.

Oh God. Debbie will think—

“Hallelujah!” Debbie said, her eyes as wide as the doorframe. “You are good, Madam Love! And he’s even got a dog! You’re my mountain man!” She moved toward Lance with her arms wide open.



Author Bio – Author

Rich Amooi is a former radio personality who now writes romantic comedies full-time. He is happily married to a kiss monster imported from Spain. They live in San Diego, California with their very hairy daughter, a mini goldendoodle puppy. Rich believes in public displays of affection, silliness, infinite possibilities, donuts, gratitude, laughter, and happily ever after.


Other stories I've read by Rich Amooi





Giveaway – Win a Sterling Silver Lucky Charm Pendant, plus an autographed paperback copy of Madam Love, Actually. (Open Internationally).

*Terms and Conditions –Worldwide entries welcome. Please enter using the Rafflecopter box below. The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter from all valid entries and will be notified by Twitter and/or email. If no response is received within 7 days then I reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Open to all entrants aged 18 or over. Any personal data given as part of the competition entry is used for this purpose only and will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the winners’ information. This will passed to the giveaway organiser and used only for fulfilment of the prize, after which time I will delete the data. I am not responsible for despatch or delivery of the prize.








No comments:

Post a Comment