Written by Jane Lambert⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
My thanks to Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for the invitation to join the blog tour for
The Start of Something Wonderful, and to author Jane Lambert for a free audiobook to review.
The Start of Something Wonderful, and to author Jane Lambert for a free audiobook to review.
The blurb:
The Start of Something WonderfulIt's never too late to follow your dreams....
Forty-year-old air stewardess Emily Forsyth thought she had everything a woman could wish for: a glamorous, jet-set lifestyle, a designer wardrobe and a dishy pilot boyfriend. Until he breaks up with her...
Catapulted into a midlife crisis she wishes she'd had earlier, she decides to turn her life upside down, quitting her job and instead beginning to chase her long-held dreams of becoming an actress!
Leaving the skies behind her, Emily heads for the bright lights of London's West End - but is it too late to reach for the stars?
Women's fiction
Humour
My thoughts:
This is the first time I've had an audiobook, and to be honest, I didn't find the experience as good as having a real book or ebook in front of me. It was great having the story read to me as I was ironing and preparing meals - something I can't do with a book or ebook! However, there are times when I like to check back on something in a story, and I found that very difficult with the audiobook. It's probably me being technologically not-up-to-the-job, and if someone shows me how to find specific pages or dialogue in this type of book, then I'll gladly give it another go. That said, I really enjoyed The Start of Something Wonderful.Previously published under the title Learning to Fly!, the story is professionally narrated by author Jane Lambert, and there are other sound effects and music which enhanced my experience.
The story is told from the perspective of Emily Forsyth, a forty-year-old, singleton, who has been recently dumped by her long-term boyfriend, Nigel. Having realised that life is not taking her in the direction she thought it was, she has decided to give up her well-paid job as a flight attendant, and go to drama school in a bid fulfil her lifelong ambition to become an actress.
It felt almost like an autobiography, as there was great understanding and depth in the detail of the story. It is well-written and was brilliantly delivered in the audio version. I did think that it ended abruptly, but perhaps that was a cliff-hanger that would lead to another book. However, there is humour and sarcasm aplenty, and I would have to say that it's my kinda book, and one I'd be happy to recommend to others.
| Author Bio – Jane Lambert |
|---|
Jane taught English in Vienna then travelled the world as cabin crew, before making the life-changing decision to become an actor and voiceover artist in her mid-thirties. She has appeared in "Calendar Girls", "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time", "Deathtrap", and most recently “True West” in London's West End. She has recorded audiobooks for BBC AudioGo, Isis Publishing and HarperCollins. She is currently adapting “The Start of Something Wonderful” into a 6-part comedy drama for TV. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| X | https://twitter.com/JaneLambert22 |




Thank you so much for taking the time not only to listen, but to write this lovely review. Have a lovely day! Warm wishes, Jane x
ReplyDeleteIt's a great story, and I hope there's another one in the pipeline?
DeleteHello! Sorry for the late reply! Yes, I'm writing another book, entitled "Marriage, Mafia & Mozzarella" as well as adapting The Start of Something Wonderful for TV. If you have the time I'd so appreciate it if you could add your lovely review to the book's Amazon page. Thank you very much. Wishing you love & laughter, Jane :)
ReplyDeleteLove the title of your WIP and I look forward to seeing The Start of Something Wonderful on TV sometime soon!
ReplyDelete