Monday, 24 June 2019

Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Café

Written by Rosie Green


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Independently Published (18th May 2019)
Genre Romantic Comedy
Pages 143
ASIN B07SQG6354

My thanks to Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for the invitation to join the blog tour for
Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Café, and to author Rosie Green for a free digital copy of this book to review.

I read this book for this year's #20BooksOfSummer challenge in a bid to reduce my ever increasing
To Be Read pile.

Follow the tour with these bloggers:

The blurb:

Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Café

Wedding fever is in the air in the village of Sunnybrook.

With Ellie and Zak's Big Day on the horizon, the sun is shining brightly on the Little Duck Pond Cafe community.

But when dark clouds begin to roll in from more than one direction, several close relationships look to be under threat.

Will the wedding of the year actually take place at all?


Fiction    Romantic comedy   


My thoughts:

Having recently enjoyed Book 5, A Bakery at the Little Duck Pond Café, in this series, I jumped at the chance to read Book 6, Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Café.

Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Café can be read as a stand alone novel, as there is sufficient background given on both the main and supporting characters, that the reader does not feel left behind.

Again, the story is told in the first person, but this time from the perspective of Ellie Farmer, the proprietor of the Little Duck Pond Café. Most of the action takes place away from the café in this story, and we are introduced to some new and intriguing characters.

I was looking forward to a light, uplifting read, especially as I was expecting a wedding. However, the Prologue cast an ominous shadow on the shape of things to come.

Ellie is planning her wedding to Zak, whilst juggling being mummy to Zak's daughter Maisie, worrying about her own mother's health, running the café, and keeping a weather eye on her friends and their problems.

It rather seemed that, if it could go wrong for her, it would go wrong! Poor Ellie lurches from one problem to an even bigger one each time! Thankfully she has very supportive friends, ready to rally around to help her in whatever way they can.

Rose Farmer, Ellie's mother, is suffering from the early stages of dementia. Naturally, Rose thinks she is just a little forgetful and refuses to take her prescribed medication. The scenes with Ellie and Rose were, in part, quite emotional, and will ring true to anyone with an understanding of caring for somebody with dementia.

I loved the newcomer, Primrose Wilkins. She arrives in Sunnybrook with a number of her own problems, which are not entirely solved in this story. Perhaps her biggest problem cannot be solved? On a happier note, I have a feeling that there will be love on the horizon for her in the next book in this series. I do believe she has caught the eye of a local.

My laugh-out-loud moment was when little Maisie pointed at Madison and shouted 'Cow!'. (I've been calling Madison much worse since reading Book 5!) However, it wasn't what it seemed, although following the conversation that was taking place, it was said in the right context, and I could only imagine Ellie's discomfort at having to get Maisie to apologise. I nearly warmed to Madison at the end, when she showed she is capable of helping others, but it was only 'nearly'.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. It is a humorous and engaging story, touching on some sensitive and stressful issues which left me wanting more!




Purchase from:

Amazon UK    Amazon US    Amazon CA    Amazon AU





Author Bio – Rosie Green

Rosie Green has been scribbling stories ever since she was little. Back then they were rip-roaring adventure tales with a young heroine in perilous danger of falling off a cliff or being tied up by ‘the baddies’. Thankfully, Rosie has moved on somewhat, and now much prefers to write romantic comedies that melt your heart and make you smile, with really not much perilous danger involved at all, unless you count the heroine losing her heart in love.

Rosie’s brand new series of novellas is centred on life in a village café. Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Café will be the sixth in the series.



Other stories I've read by Rosie Green






No comments:

Post a Comment