This time last year, I set myself what I considered to be five achievable goals, and once again I have failed dismally.
Goals 1 and 2, concerning my wip, were abandoned. No work has been done on that story this year.
Goal 3 - Read and review 30 books faired better. According to my Goodreads log, I have read 65 books this year. That's great you say. However, I stipulated that I would:
Goals 1 and 2, concerning my wip, were abandoned. No work has been done on that story this year.
Goal 3 - Read and review 30 books faired better. According to my Goodreads log, I have read 65 books this year. That's great you say. However, I stipulated that I would:
- Read the seven books I bought for the #DecTheShelves challenge 2017 - I managed just one!
- Restrict myself to twelve blog tours - Epic Fail. I took part in 41 tours.
- Read eleven books from my TBR pile - nearly there - I read nine books from that list.
Goal 4 - Write 4 short stories - another epic fail.
Goal 5 - Create a game, meme, or feature for my blog - not really a success. Although I hosted #DecTheShelves 2019 in December, it wasn't of my creation, so I'll give myself a half-tick for that goal.
This year I have a number of outside influences which will impact the number of books I will be able to read and my writing - including blogging.
With this in mind, I have set less goals for 2019.
With this in mind, I have set less goals for 2019.
Goals 20201. Read and review 30 books Target set for Goodreads Reading Challenge: 45 books Restrict blog tours to 6 books. Read the 6 books on my Netgalley shelf. Read the 23 books I bought for myself during #DecTheShelves 2019 Read 10 book club books 2. Create a game, meme or regular feature for my blog I am looking into setting up a reading challenge later in the year 3. Write a short story 4. Support other Indie Authors |
I am determined not to take on too much this year because I already know that I will have a lot less time for my reading and writing in the coming months.
Let's see how it goes next year...
Meantime, Happy New Year, and thank you for reading my blog.
Let's see how it goes next year...
Meantime, Happy New Year, and thank you for reading my blog.


Brilliant post Deborah! You're an inspiration😁
ReplyDelete