Monday, 6 January 2020

I Will Follow Him

Book Cover for the novel I will follow him by Holly Tierney-Bedord

Written by Holly Tierney-Bedord


I loved it! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Independently Published (5 July 2019)
Genre Women's Romantic Fiction
Pages 141
ASIN B07QVB2XS7
ISBN-101099133149
ISBN-13978-1099133145

I am starting the New Year and my Goodreads 2020 Reading Challenge with I Will Follow Him by Holly Tierney-Bedord - a stand-alone novella, book five in the Oceanic Dreams series.

My thanks author Holly Tierney-Bedord for a free digital copy of this book to review.


The blurb:

Book promotion image of 'I will Follow Him'

I Will Follow Him

A bachelor party on a cruise ship. What could go wrong?

When private detective Francie is hired to spy on a groom-to-be as he and his bachelor party set sail for the Caribbean, she thinks she’s landed herself a week of paid vacation.

Between lounging in the sun and sipping margaritas, she just needs to–best case scenario–report back that he’s on the up and up, or–the unfortunate, more likely scenario–snap a few photos of her target in compromising positions, buy a box of sympathy chocolates for her client, and then collect her pay along with a nice golden suntan.

Blame it on the island breezes or the alcohol, but within hours of setting sail, Francie’s leisurely vacation gets complicated when she starts making careless mistakes. Like accidentally becoming friends with the groom and falling for his best man.

Can she get herself and her mission back on track, or has she blown her cover and possibly even her career?


Romcom   


I will Follow Him promotional image. The text reads: 4 guys set sail on a cruise ship to celebrate a batchelor party. What they don't realise is the woman sitting in the corner of the bar chugging a big gulp-sized pina colada, has been sent to spy ion them.


My thoughts:

I loved this well-written, funny, quick read. A great start to my reading year!

I Will follow Him is written in the first person from the point of view of Francie Meddling, a might-as-well-be-single, thirty-one year old, struggling private detective. In her private life, she has a forty-five year old boyfriend, Bink, who graces her with his presence whenever he is in town. He drives for a living, and when he does turn up, all he wants is to fall asleep on her sofa.

The way Francie describes herself leads me to think she has low self-esteem. She seems willing to settle for the crumbs Bink sweeps her way and feels inadequate when comparing herself with other women.

Francie is hired by Danielle Payne, fiancée to Evan Aronson, who recently lost both his parents in a plane crash, and inherited the family business worth millions. Danielle is concerned that he is cheating on her, and wants hard evidence to confront him with. Francie's job is to spy on Evan and report back to Danielle on whether he is unfaithful to her whilst on his week-long cruise with his bachelor friends.

Francie goes on the cruise - paid for by Danielle - where she expects to blend into the background and get the job done. That is until a group of girls befriend her, show her how to use a little make-up, and help her with her wardrobe. From that point her life changes completely in this delightful, light-hearted romantic comedy.

I disliked Danielle from the start. Although her concerns seem plausible, Francie notices something in her manner that doesn't quite fit with her story, and my mind raced away wondering what her true motives were. And with the mention of a legal document - well that was Danielle firmly on my 'baddie' list.

I also didn't like Bink. He put no effort into his relationship with Francie, and very much takes her for granted.

The other characters are all likeable, particularly the group of boys and girls Francie falls in with.

This is an enjoyable, funny, quick read, guaranteed to leave a smile on your face.

Promotional ad for 'I will Follow Him' by Holly Tierney-Bedord



Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU





Author Bio – Holly Tierney-Bedord
Picture of the author Holly Tierney-Bedord

Holly Tierney-Bedord is the author of over twenty books in a variety of genres, from women's fiction and domestic thrillers to cozy mysteries and romantic comedies.

Her novel Sweet Hollow Women is a Kindle Unlimited All-Star winner and her novel The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club is a Chick Lit Central '2018 Favorites' pick.

She lives in Madison, Wisconsin.

Learn more or subscribe to her newsletter at hollytierneybedord.com.



Other stories I've read by Holly Tierney-Bedord





Promotional ad for the novel 'I will Follow Him'

No comments:

Post a Comment