Written by Yawatta Hosby⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
The blurb:
Six Plus OneONE BY ONE ended with Detective Brown disgusted and traumatized over the crime scene in the woods. He wants to find justice for those poor victims and vows to keep his daughter safe from the horrors of the world.
Sequel time--SIX PLUS ONE, Detective Brown can't keep that promise. Alta and her group of friends leave Voy on a road trip to Green Bank, West Virginia. They're filming footage for their alien-centric web series.
What should be a get-in and get-out situation for the weekend turns into a deadly nightmare...
Crime Thrillers
Horror
My thoughts:
Six Plus One is the sequel to One By One which I read recently.Six friends go to an out of the way campsite to make a film about aliens. They are from the town of Voy, where last year there was a brutal slaying of a group of friends at an isolated cabin. One of the group, Alta, is the daughter of the detective who caught the case. She is with her boyfriend, Kendrick, his brother Eugene, Eugene's girl friend, Natalie, the sound recordist for the team, Declan and Alta's best friend Johanna. The only other person on site is Grayson, the camp counsellor who had agreed to stay and help the film crew after the camp had closed for the season.
It was only a matter of time before the bodies started to drop, and with no way to contact the outside world, the group is at the mercy of the killer.
I enjoyed Six Plus One. It held my attention and had me guessing at the killer's identity from the first death. With each death I changed my mind, but kept going back to my first thought. What shocked me most was the killer's motive for all the killings, and how meticulously it had all been planned in advance.
A gripping short story that will keep you up at night!
| Author Bio – Yawatta Hosby |
|---|
|
Hello, I’m Yawatta Hosby. I reside in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. I enjoy connecting with other writers through blogging. With a desire to escape every day life, I create short stories, novellas, and novels. I’ve always had a fascination with psychology, so I like to focus on the inner-struggles within my characters. I’m an avid reader, favorite genres: mystery, suspense, horror, and women’s fiction. My short stories have been featured in The Write Place At the Write Time online journal (2013), When the Lights Go Out anthology (2015), and Don’t Open the Door anthology (2019). |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Web site | http://yawattahosbysbooks.wordpress.com |
| Goodreads | Yawatta Hosby |
| Facebook Author Page | http://Facebook.com/Yawatta |
| X | http://twitter.com/Yawatta_Hosby |
| Blog | http://yawattahosby.wordpress.com |



No comments:
Post a Comment