Sunday, 17 May 2020

#20booksofsummer20 Challenge
#Books @Cathy746Books Update 1


The 20 Books of Summer 2020 Challenge


Last year I stumbled upon this extremely flexible, annual book reading challenge, designed to make a small dint in the number of books on our TBR lists.

The idea is to read, and therefore remove, a chosen number of books from your reading list during the summer months. 


This year, the challenge starts on Monday 1 June and ends on Tuesday 1 September.


Now the reason this is such a great challenge for me, is that the rules are so flexible that it's almost impossible not to reach your goal. 


You decide how many and which books you read. Make up your list today, but swap books in or out as you like. Commit to read 20, 15 or 10 books, but you are free to reduce or increase that number as the mood takes you.


Basically this is a support network of global readers, cheering each other on towards reducing the unread piles of books we all have.


I currently have 738 books on my TBR list. Last year I started off with 401 books on my list. I am now only 8 books short of where Cathy drew the line and stopped buying books! Oh well. What can I say?

This year I will again commit to 20 Books... and we'll see how it goes.


My choices are:


  1. Hunter's Blood - Val Penny
  2. A Degree of Uncertainty - Nicola K smith
  3. Silent Cry - Jenny O'Brien
  4. The Hive - Jane Holland
  5. Picallily - Samantha Henthorn
  6. The Dinner - Herman Koch
  7. A Christmas Hamster - Stephanie Dagg
  8. I Temporarily do - Ellie Cahill 
  9. Boot Camp Bride - Lizzie Lamb
  10. Fat Girl Slim - Marina Johnson
  11. Bewbush Playbus - Sue Wickstead
  12. Clara at Christmas - Lacey London
  13. Space Hopper - Helen Fisher
  14. Summer in Provence - Lucy Coleman
  15. Betrayal - Donna Siggers
  16. Saving Suzy - Stefanie Simpson
  17. The Holiday Swap - Zara Stoneley
  18. Honeymoon for One - Lily Zante
  19. An Affair the Dismember - Elise Sax
  20. The Wedding Caper - Laura Briggs

Of course, this list is not set in stone, and does not necessarily determine the order in which I'll read them. It's just a starting point for my summer reading.

For more information, and to sign up to this brilliant challenge, check out 

Cathy's blog 746 Books. And don't forget to follow readers progress on this year's #20booksofsummer20 hashtag.

8 comments:

  1. I've read some of those! Summer reading sounds so lovely doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does, doesn't it?
    Are you taking part this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing how you get on. I love doing this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list. I LOVED the Diner. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a book club read and not something I'd pick myself, so here's hoping...

      Delete
  5. I have The Dinner on my list as well - have a great reading summer!

    ReplyDelete