Written by Jenny Bayliss⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
Firstly, my thanks to author Jenny Bayliss, Pan Macmillan and NetGalley for an Advanced Review Copy of The Twelve Dates of Christmas.
I was in the mood for a little romance with a sprinkle of Christmas when I decided to read this book. And that's exactly what I got!
I was in the mood for a little romance with a sprinkle of Christmas when I decided to read this book. And that's exactly what I got!
The blurb:
The Twelve Dates of ChristmasOn the first day of Christmas, a dating app offered me
Twelve tailored chances for perfect harmony . . .
Kate Turner is happily single – a bit too happily, in fact. Since returning to her hometown of Blexford, a sleepy village where everybody knows each other, and between catching up with her oldest friends Laura and Matt, a flourishing career as a fabric designer, and taking care of her beloved dad, love hasn’t really had a look in.
But Kate does love Christmas. So when Laura insists she signs up to the Twelve Dates of Christmas, a brand new dating app service, she doesn’t need too much persuading. Twelve perfect festive dates with the area’s most eligible men – who could say no?
Amongst the twinkling lights and over hot chocolates and glasses of red wine, romance is easy to find. But with each date, Kate learns more about the men, and even more about herself.
As the big day approaches, Kate’s left wondering – is it really the season for true love, or will this Christmas be the coldest yet?
Holiday Fiction
RomCom
My thoughts:
When you're in the mood for a snowy romance, what better than a Christmas RomCom?
The Twelve Dates of Christmas comes about because Kate Turner's happily married friend Laura, despairing of Kate's singleton status, has suggested Kate sign up to a dating app for twelve blind dates in the run up to Christmas. Living in a small village, with few single men, she is unlikely to meet anyone new. So Kate signs up, and is matched with twelve different men, in the hope of finding 'Mr Right'.
Kate's childhood friend Matt has already renamed the event "The Twelve Dates of Shagmas" as he firmly believes that people have not signed up for the purpose of finding a soulmate.
Each date is in a different venue with a different partner. My favourite pairing is with Drew, and sees Kate have the best time, dancing the night away with this wonderfully warm and genuine date.
The plot quickly had me hooked, and I found all the characters to be plausible. In particular, Kate who has family issues to deal with, as well as her now new and exciting social life, making for a well-rounded, more believable character. It is well-written and had me giggling at times. A lovely tale of love and friendships for any time of the year.
Told in the third person, from Kate's perspective, The Twelve Dates of Christmas is a heart-warming, funny and entertaining read, with the obligatory happy ending, which left me feeling content and eagerly anticipating Christmas.
| Author Bio – Jenny Bayliss |
|---|
|
I live in a small seaside town in Kent, England with my husband; our grown up children have flown the nest but come home for the holidays. I love reading and listening to audiobooks; as a grown-up is there anything quite so nice as having someone read you a story while you're cleaning the bathroom? I enjoy cooking, especially after a days writing, and I love to bake; I was a professional baker for many years and still now, when I find a new cake recipe, I can't wait to give it a try! I enjoy taking long walks, which is probably just as well with the cake and chocolate I consume. And I am just batty about Christmas, it's my favourite time of the year. I studied as a mature student at Canterbury Christ Church University, and gained a BA Hons in Creative and Professional Writing. The Twelve Dates of Christmas is my debut novel. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| X | https://twitter.com/BaylissJenni |
| Goodreads | Jenny_Bayliss |



No comments:
Post a Comment