Written by Stefanie Simpson⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
I purchased this short story during the #DecTheShelves event in 2019. This event encourages readers to support Indie Authors, and I've since discovered a number of such authors whose writing style, story-telling and humour appeals to me geratly.
I bought My Keeper because I'd read A Good Night's Sleep in 2017 and surprised myself by enjoying it enormously.
I bought My Keeper because I'd read A Good Night's Sleep in 2017 and surprised myself by enjoying it enormously.
The blurb:
My KeeperA hard sub with a soft heart is hard to be.
Heidi has always struggled for a place in the world. A mild learning disability and executive dysfunction dictated her life, but she strives to be a good person and knows her actions speak loudest.
When she met Julian, the person she thought might be the perfect dominant for her, she knew she'd mess up. It was only a matter of time, and it was spectacular.
With her life falling apart, Heidi faces a few truths and starts again, but Julian remains in her heart.
How can they reconcile, and she be the sub she wants to be?
A short standalone romance with an HEA in UK English, please be advised it contains strong adult content.
Contemporary Short Stories
Adult content
My thoughts:
My Keeper is a short story which I purchased last December as part of the #DecTheShelves challenge. This is the second story I've read by this author, so I knew what I was getting into this time! The first, A Good Nights Sleep, had me wide-eyed but totally engaged.
This is an adult romance. A misunderstanding drives Heidi and Justin apart, but they eventually find their way back to each other.
I really enjoyed this captivating story, and was particularly taken with Penelope, a secondary character, who helps Heidi when she is most in need.
| Author Bio – Stefanie Simpson |
|---|
A disabled romance author based in the UK, Stefanie Simpson has written multiple contemporary romances as well as fantasy romance. Most of her work contains angst, healing and conflict. Expect strong adult content and themes, language, explicit material, love and a HEA. She would love for you to come find her on twitter @Simpson_Romance. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Goodreads | https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16202889.Stefanie_Simpson |
| X | https://twitter.com/Simpson_Romance |



No comments:
Post a Comment