Happy New Year
2021
So why then have I failed again to meet all the targets I set myself at the end of 2019?
To recap, I wanted to:
1. Read and review 30 books
Target set for Goodreads Reading Challenge: 45 books
Restrict blog tours to 6 books.
Read the 6 books on my Netgalley shelf.
Read the 23 books I bought for myself during #DecTheShelves 2019
Read 10 book club books
2. Create a game, meme or regular feature for my blog
I am looking into setting up a reading challenge later in the year
3. Write a short story
4. Support other Indie Authors
Target set for Goodreads Reading Challenge: 45 books
Restrict blog tours to 6 books.
Read the 6 books on my Netgalley shelf.
Read the 23 books I bought for myself during #DecTheShelves 2019
Read 10 book club books
2. Create a game, meme or regular feature for my blog
I am looking into setting up a reading challenge later in the year
3. Write a short story
4. Support other Indie Authors
And while I can happily tick off some of the above, I cannot claim to have achieved all of my goals this year. I excuse myself by saying I had other things on my mind, such as a house move, which is still not yet completed.
The goals I did achieve are:
✔️ I stuck to the limit of 6 blog tours, but this has been hard because I kept seeing books I'd love to read come up for review.
2. Create a game, meme or regular feature for my blog
❌I came up with a few ideas but did not put them into practice, nor did I continue the #DecTheShelves challenge that I hosted last year.
3. Write a short story
❌ I didn't even float an idea for a short story. I did however, come across a story I started to write a while ago and moved that up the list of things to revisit after the move.
4. Support other Indie Authors
✔️ As this was a suitably vague target - no numbers involved so I am going to claim it. I have reviewed several books for Indie Authors not connected to blog tours and helped with social media promotions.
- Read and review 30 books
✔️ I stuck to the limit of 6 blog tours, but this has been hard because I kept seeing books I'd love to read come up for review.
✔️ I reviewed 21 books on my Netgalley shelf, clearing it at one stage, but obviously adding more when the temptation was too hard to resist.
❌ I read 7 Book Club books, but only because I withdrew from my book club in anticipation of moving out of the area.
❌ And of the 23 books I bought to read during #DecTheShelves, I manged 9.
❌ And of the 23 books I bought to read during #DecTheShelves, I manged 9.
❌I came up with a few ideas but did not put them into practice, nor did I continue the #DecTheShelves challenge that I hosted last year.
3. Write a short story
❌ I didn't even float an idea for a short story. I did however, come across a story I started to write a while ago and moved that up the list of things to revisit after the move.
4. Support other Indie Authors
✔️ As this was a suitably vague target - no numbers involved so I am going to claim it. I have reviewed several books for Indie Authors not connected to blog tours and helped with social media promotions.
You'd think that with all the unexpected free-time I've had this year, that I would have doubled my reading target, at least. Well, as we draw a line under 2020, and welcome in 2021 I'm planning to keep it simple this time.
1. Read and review 30 books
Target set for Goodreads Reading Challenge: 30 books to include:
The 4 books on my SmashWords shelf
The 14 books I bought for myself during #DecTheShelves 2019
2. Create a regular feature for my blog
3. Write a short story
4. Support other Indie Authors
Target set for Goodreads Reading Challenge: 30 books to include:
The 4 books on my SmashWords shelf
The 14 books I bought for myself during #DecTheShelves 2019
2. Create a regular feature for my blog
3. Write a short story
4. Support other Indie Authors
So with my goals locked in for 2021, it only remains for me to wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year, and to thank you for reading my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment