Friday, 10 September 2021

His Search for the Perfect Bride

Logo for my books which are Short Stories

Written by Sudesna Ghosh


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Independently Published (May 15th 2018)
Genre Short Story, Romantic Comedy
Pages 16
ASIN B07D3WHSXD

I came across author Sudesna Ghosh whilst looking for independently published books to purchase for the #DecTheShelves 2019 event.

His Search for the Perfect Bride is a short story I bought back then, and it's been sitting in the TBR pile ever since.


Book Cover for the novella His Search for the Perfect Bride by Sudesna Ghosh

The blurb:

His Search for the Perfect Bride

Momma's boy, Debojit, is on the search for the perfect bride.

Join him and his parents as they visit potential life partners.

Expect some surprises for poor Debojit and his mother.


Short Stories    Romantic Comedy   


My thoughts:

His Search for the Perfect Bride is set in India, offering insight into the arranging of a marriage.

The main character, Debojit, and his parents are meeting with suitable families who have daughters of marriageable age. The premise is that the weak-willed Debojit, is looking for the perfect wife. However, it seems his mother has more say in his choice than he does; and also more than his father, who is content to let his wife take the lead. His mother rejects girl after girl for her son. It seems none of them would ever be entirely suitable for her precious boy.

I found His Search for the Perfect Bride to be very amusing, and I could visualise Debojit’s mother as she judged each young woman and found her lacking in the qualities she felt her son’s wife should have. I smiled when Debojit made his choice, a girl who falls far short of his mother’s expectations, and who I thought would dominate Debojit – much like his mother! I could also sense his mother’s fury in the background.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this short story. It was interesting, funny and easy to read. I wish it had been longer because I’d love to know how Debojit’s mother copes with her son’s choice. Perhaps a follow-on short story...please?




Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN





Author Bio – Sudesna Ghosh

Sudesna (Sue) Ghosh is an Indian-American author based in Kolkata, India.

She is a graduate of University of Rochester and an animal lover.

When she isn't busy reading or writing, she tries to keep her rescue cats happy.


Other stories I've read by Sudesna Ghosh






No comments:

Post a Comment