Written by Eleanor Dixon
| ||||||||||||||
I don't often get the chance to showcase children's books, but today, for my stop on the blog tour, I am delighted to be able to bring you a short extract from Tally and the Angel by Eleanor Dixon.
The blurb:
Tally and the AngelWhen Tally discovers her pendant is home to the Angel Jophiel, she knows life will never be same again.
But what good is an angel who won’t appear in front of others?
Especially when she needs to convince her friend Balvan she knows where the kidnapped children of India are being held.
Will Jophiel help Tally and Balvan escape the kidnappers’ clutches, or will they all perish?
Fantasy Fiction
Children's Books
A short extract from Chapter Three
In this scene...Dad has just announced to Tally that they will travel to India. He is going to help out a fellow doctor in the hospital in Agra. Tally is ecstatic that she won’t have to return to the school she hates and the girls who ignore her.
(Tally) would have to go into school and collect her belongings, she thought smugly. Oh, she couldn’t wait to brag to those vile girls that she was going to India; to travel instead of attend stinking school. And while they were bogged down in classrooms with boring lessons, or having to play games in the rain, she would be swanning about in the sunshine learning things they couldn’t even imagine in their dreams. She would make them so envious! She would really rub it in, especially to that Elyssia who acted as if she was the queen of the class. Tally would show her –
Suddenly a deluge of icy water sloshed over Tally’s head, soaking her hair, and dripping into her eyes. As she cried out loud and her body jerked with the shock, Kayto leapt off her lap as if something had stung him. She put up her hands to push her wet hair out of her face… but it was dry. Yet she had felt the water. How could that be? She looked at her knees; also dry. Kayto sat on the carpet washing his paws, but only out of indignation at her treatment. He didn’t have a drop on him either.
Dad looked at her quizzically. “You OK?”
Tally opened her mouth to tell him what had happened, but no words came out. Instead she nodded, and he turned back to his computer. Something moved against Tally’s chest. She tugged the neck of her sweatshirt out to peer down at the angel pendant which had twisted and seemed to float away from her body.
The angel’s head was turned towards her and his eyes bored into her own. Tally swallowed nervously. Jophiel was looking at her with sadness tinged with rebuke. It sort of reminded her of her mum when she was disappointed in something Tally had done. But how? She must be imagining it! A heavy lump of stone couldn’t float like that.
| Author Bio – Eleanor Dixon |
|---|
|
My school life was spent in a girls’ boarding-school specialising in classical ballet and on leaving I danced professionally, touring Europe, for 4 years. After that I ran my own ballet school in Athens, Greece and simultaneously volunteered as a veterinary nurse, as my love of animals is the driving force in my life. I returned to England with my horse and my cat, and now live on a smallholding in Shropshire with various farm animals and a constant stream of pets. I started writing while in Greece and completed a Creative Writing Course with the Writers’ Bureau. The same year, I won an annual competition in the Writing Magazine for an adult Fairy Story. On my return to England, I wrote two children’s books, but my new life, caring for Highland Cattle, sheep, hens and pets, coupled with extensive global travel, meant that writing for publication took a back seat. I continued my love of writing with a daily journal and amusing travel blogs of each trip. I am now writing full time and TALLY AND THE ANGEL is the first of a planned series. Their next adventure takes place in Canada, in North Yukon and the third in Japan. I intend them to have adventures in Greece, Egypt, Peru, Africa – anywhere I have been, really. My first book THE GRACEFUL GHOST is shortlisted for the UK Selfies 2021 Award. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| facebook.com/theburreau | |
| Web site | www.eleanordixon.com |
| https://www.instagram.com/theburrowinthefield | |




No comments:
Post a Comment