Written by Lorraine Turnbull
|
With thanks to Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources, today I welcome Lorraine Turnbull to my blog with a guest post.
Lorraine's debut novel Mum's the Word sounds just like the sort of dark comic story I'd thoroughly appreciate, so I've added it to my Christmas Wish list.
For reviews and more follow the tour!
Lorraine's debut novel Mum's the Word sounds just like the sort of dark comic story I'd thoroughly appreciate, so I've added it to my Christmas Wish list.
For reviews and more follow the tour!
The blurb:
Mum’s the WordWhen Ann-Marie Ross murders her abusive husband and feeds him to the pigs, she thinks she's got away with murder and secured the future of her Scottish cider farm.
But she soon finds herself having to keep more than one deadly secret to protect those closest to her.
As four women embrace their new-found independence, Ann-Marie is tormented by the threat of discovery.
A darkly comic tale of murder, friendship and Love.
Dark Comedy
Cosy Mystery
Introducing Lorraine Turnbull
Hello there, I’m Lorraine Turnbull; the author of Mum’s the Word. I was born and bred in Glasgow, and have had a varied career including being a front-line police officer, as well as a smallholder and author. I now live on a pretty smallholding in South West France where alongside learning French I’ve managed to concentrate on writing on a countryside or farming theme.
Mum’s the Word is my debut novel; exploring the intertwined lives of three generations of women. Not everything in the garden is rosy, and the story starts with a dramatic murder. However this is no dark tale; the story is uplifting and full of humour, love and honesty. If you’re looking for an easy summer read with believable characters, this is perfect!
Set on a small cider farm in the West of Scotland, the story visits some beautiful Scottish locations and a never to be forgotten trip to the Cornish Coast! If you haven’t been able to travel recently, this fun story could be just the tonic you need.
When Ann-Marie Ross murders her abusive husband and feeds him to the pigs, she thinks she's got away with murder and secured the future of her Scottish cider farm. But she soon finds herself having to keep more than one deadly secret to protect those closest to her. As four women embrace their new-found independence, Ann-Marie is tormented by the threat of discovery. A darkly comic tale of murder, friendship and Love. "Wickedly funny"
| Author Bio – Lorraine Turnbull |
|---|
|
Lorraine Turnbull was born in Glasgow where she lived until 2005 when she and her family moved to Cornwall to run a smallholding. She relocated to France in 2017 where she continues to make cider, writes books and learns French. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| @LorraineAuthor | |
| https://www.facebook.com/LorraineTurnbullAuthor | |




No comments:
Post a Comment