Wednesday, 24 November 2021

Goals 2021, Update 2

Goals 2021, Update 2
...And the Wheels Have Come Off!

I really did expect to be able to do better this year. I thought long and hard about what was achievable and what wasn't, and I thought I'd made plenty of allowance for 'eventualities'. Well, I didn't!

I'll start by reminding myself of the goals that I thought were achievable this year:

1. 
Read and review 30 books

              Target set for Goodreads Reading Challenge: 30 books to include:
              The 4 books on my SmashWords shelf
              The 14 books I bought for myself during #DecTheShelves 2019


2. Create a regular feature for my blog


3. Write a short story

                 
4. Support other Indie Authors

I have achieved my goal of reading and reviewing 30 books. Congratulations, I hear you say. And while that is good, I haven't actually read the books I intended to read.

I've counted 22 blog tours amongst the 37 books I've read, so my intention to restrict myself to 6 blog tours went straight out the window!

The 4 books on my SmashWords shelf remain untouched

Of the 14 books left on my #DecTheShelves 2019 shelf, I have only read 2 novels.

So only a partial success this year. I'm glossing over the other 3 goals as I've done nothing about creating a regular feature on my blog, and still haven't tackled a short story. I am trying to support Indie Authors where I can, and I suppose the easiest way is to read, review, and recommend their books.

There is still time left this year to do something amazing. I've got 2 books (not for blog tours) that I absolutely must read before the New Year, and I'll be amazed if I manage any more than that. Perhaps next year... 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment