Monday, 28 February 2022

Making headway on my TBR pile
Reading Challenges 2022
#BacklistReader #2022AudiobookChallenge

Making Headway on My TBR Pile


Towards the end of last year I identified a couple of reading challenges which should help me stay on track to read 30 books this year, and make a dent, albeit the tiniest of dents, into my backlog of... and I'm ashamed to say it, 820 books. And that's only the ones I know about. There are physical books lurking in drawers which haven't been added to my Goodreads list, and I'm not sure I'm up-to-date with adding all the Ebooks I keep acquiring.

So, to reduce that number by at least 30 books this year, I am taking part in 3 challenges: The Goodreads 2022 Reading Challenge; The Backlist Reader Challenge 2022, hosted by The Bookwyrm’s Hoard; and The 2022 Audiobook Challenge, hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About.

A Little Bit About The Challenges



The Goodreads 2022 Reading Challenge is designed to motivate and track the reader's progress. Every book read, no matter the format, counts towards your goal. I find this a useful tool to monitor my reading. It also allows me to compare my progress with my friends'. I am way behind all of my friends at the moment, but it's not a race!

To take part in this challenge, you need to have an account with Goodreads. The challenge runs from 1st Jan to 31st Dec 2022 and you can join at any time. You set the number of books you think you can read in the time allowed. I'm aiming for 30 books.



The 2022 Audiobook Challenge also runs from 1st January to 31st December 2022. Books must be in audio format to count towards your goal. Rather than goals, there are different Achievement Levels.

I have 5 audio books waiting to be read, so I'm going for the Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5 audiobooks level





The Backlist Reader Challenge 2022 runs from 1st January to 31st December 2022.

Only books published before 2021 AND already on your TBR list count towards this challenge. Books can be in any format but have to have been on your reading list before signing up to the challenge. You choose how many books you read. I'm aiming for 10 books as a minimum.



I've put together my starting list of books which I intend to read this year. I'm only listing 10 titles for now as I'm likely to swap in and out titles as the mood takes me.


Book TitleAuthorChallenge
A Bookshop ChristmasRachel BurtonGoodreads
Time To Move OnIan WilfredGoodreads
Backlist Reader
Boot Camp BrideLizzie LambGoodreads
Backlist Reader
Englishman in Blackpool, Englishwoman Short StoryJenny O'BrienGoodreads
Backlist Reader
A Sweet Mix-Up: A romantic short story set in IndiaSudesna Ghosh Goodreads
Backlist Reader
Lavender Road Helen CareyGoodreads
Audiobook Challenge
The Spies of Shilling LaneJennifer RyanGoodreads
Audiobook Challenge
God's Acre Dee YatesGoodreads
Audiobook Challenge
Harriet’s Big Fat Wedding BlunderLynda RenhamGoodreads
Audiobook Challenge
The Forgotten Village Lorna CookGoodreads
Audiobook Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment