|
Last week, I took my 2 year old granddaughter to the library, and we took out her first 3 library books on her very own card. She feels quite grown up having her own card, and she closely watched me scan the books out. I'm sure she'll be wanting to use the machine herself next week! I plan to make library visits a regular event with her to encourage her love of books. We read all three books together as soon as we got home, and she's chosen to read them again a couple of times. ![]()
My thoughts:
My granddaughter and I thoroughly enjoyed Pants.It’s a colourfully illustrated, comical rhyming-story book about pants which made us both laugh. It was fun and quick to read, and immediately grabbed my granddaughter’s attention. There is something about underwear… even for a two-year-old. She has asked for it several times and is intent on describing what she can see in the pictures as soon as I read the words on the page. A definite winner. ![]()
My thoughts:
Lizard in a Blizzard is a comical, quick read about a lizard who creates a snow machine. However, once it starts, he can’t get it to stop. It has a rhyming story with lots of fun illustrations which my two-year-old granddaughter and I enjoyed talking about. It has also helped to extend her vocabulary. ![]()
My thoughts:
Happy To Be Me is a lovely rhyming story about parts of the body and their uses. It has delightful illustrations which provided a talking point for my two-year-old granddaughter and I beyond our enjoyment of the story. It’s warm and inclusive and I’ll be looking for more books by Emma Dodd on our next visit to the library. | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Monday, 14 March 2022
Library Books:
Pants
Lizard in a Blizzard
Happy to Be Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment