Thursday, 2 May 2024

The Man Upstairs

Written by Del Henderson


⭐⭐


Published by     GEMOO Publishing (18 Dec. 2018)
Genre Short Story, Horror
Pages 10
ASIN B07M5B7P9Y





I acquired a copy of The Man Upstairs on 17 December 2019 during the 2019 #DecTheShelves Challenge, but not as part of it. I think I might have added it to my TBR pile because it's a short story, being only 10 pages long, and it's a horror story, which is a bit out of my comfort zone.

The blurb:


Tom and April, a newlywed couple, have found the perfect apartment. Well, perfect except for one thing…the neighbor.

Short Stories    Horror   


My thoughts:

The Man Upstairs is a quick read and one which I thought was rather disappointing.

The blurb tells the reader that the upstairs neighbour is going to cause the newly-wed problems, and given it was labelled as 'Horror', I was expecting something really dark and blood curdling. It was neither.

I enjoyed the narrative style and was curious as to why the neighbour was behaving as he was, but I did not feel any sense of foreboding as the story progressed. The ending was predictable and without, for me, the shocking conclusion that I was expecting.



Purchase from:

Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment