Monday, 10 June 2024

Bittersweet
A short story collection plus extract of new novel Christmas at the Beach Hut

Written by Veronica Henry


I loved it! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Orion October 18, 2018
Genre Short Stories
Pages 123
ASIN B07HXWQT9R
I downloaded a free copy of this book in December 2018 and it sadly disappeared into the TBR pile and only came to light recently when I was looking for a short story to get me going again.

The blurb:

A chance encounter on New Year's Eve brings one woman's dream alive; a woman begins her new life by the sea; and one strawberry tart can change everything...

From forgotten loves to second chances, new happiness and old friends, this is an uplifting and moving collection of short stories about how love changes, and how it changes us - from Sunday Times bestseller Veronica Henry.


Short Stories    contemporary short stories   


My thoughts:

A collection of 7 self-contained short stories and 9 chapters of Christmas at the Beach Hut are in this book which I downloaded some time ago, and which does not seem to exist online any longer.

The short stories are well-written, uplifting and were quick to hook me in. These stories made me want to know more about the characters and the situations they found themselves in. At the end of each short story there is a link to a full-length story similar to one just read - so naturally I've added those to my wish-list, and the 9 chapters of Christmas at the Beach Hut was enough to make me buy and add The Beach Hut Collection: The Beach Hut, The Beach Hut Next Door and Christmas at the Beach Hut to my ever-increasing number of books to be read.

I like Veronica Henry's style of writing and will definitely add more of her books to my reading list.



Purchase from:

I have been unable to find links to purchase or download this book.





Author Bio – Veronica Henry

Veronica Henry was a television script writer before turning her hand to fiction.

She has published sixteen novels which she describes as realistic escapism - her setting are gorgeous, but her characters have problems and dilemmas everyone can identify with.


Other stories I've read by Veronica Henry




No comments:

Post a Comment