Written by Camilla Isley
Highly
|
| Published by | Boldwood Books (4 Sept. 2024) |
| Genre | 241 |
| Pages | Christmas Romance |
| ASIN | B0D39M633B |
| ISBN-10 | 1836333528 |
| ISBN-13 | 978-1836333524 |
I saw this novel was going on a blog tour in September, but the tour was full before I got a chance to sign up for it. However, I did manage to get a copy from the publisher via Netgalley. So I should like to begin by thanking Boldwood Books, Netgalley and the author Camilla Isley for a free digital copy of This Is Not a Holiday Romance to review.
This was exactly the book I needed to read to lift my spitits as I've been miserably ill with covid.
For more reviews, look out for the blog tour organised by Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources which runs form 4th to 10th September 2024.
This was exactly the book I needed to read to lift my spitits as I've been miserably ill with covid.
For more reviews, look out for the blog tour organised by Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources which runs form 4th to 10th September 2024.
The blurb:
This Is Not a Holiday RomanceTwo sworn enemies, snowed in over Christmas with chemistry that will melt the ice!
Nina Thompson has one Christmas wish: to avoid her brother's obnoxiously handsome best friend, Tristan, like the plague. From the moment he humiliated her as a teenager to their escalating revenge schemes, Nina and Tristan's relationship can only be defined as an all-out prank war! And there is yet to be a winner.
But it just so happens the ghost of Christmas present has other ideas. When Tristan unexpectedly crashes her family's Christmas, Nina's dreams of a peaceful holiday vanish faster than Santa up a chimney. Determined to end their rivalry for good, she braces herself for one last prank-filled showdown.
But when they find themselves snowed in, with no way of avoiding each other amongst the holiday festivities, they discover their heated exchanges have been masking a different kind of sizzle. Caught in a snow globe of holiday romance, they decide to let their fiery chemistry burn bright—but this is absolutely and unequivocally nothing more than a secret fling destined to melt with the snow, this is not a forever romance...
Christmas Romance
My thoughts:
Having enjoyed A Christmas Date a few years ago, I jumped at the chance to read another story by Camilla Isley.I had high hopes for this novel; the blurb and the cover quickly reeled me in, and I was not to be disappointed. I read this in two sittings and was hooked from the first chapter. I loved the dual narrative voices used to tell this story from the points of view of both Nina Thompson and her sworn enemy, but also her brother's best friend, Tristan Montgomery, as it gave me a better idea of where each party was coming from.
I loved the sarcastic wit Nina employs to express just how awful she thinks Tristan is. The tags 'The Prince of Darkness', 'Spawn of Satan devil incarnate' and my absolute favourite 'Antichrist in a suit' had me rolling about crying with laughter.
If you enjoy a romcom, Christmas story, enemies-to-lovers trope or are simply looking for a novel to lift your spirits, this is the one for you. I found This Is Not a Holiday Romance to be humorous, easy to read and highly entertaining and I would wholeheartedly recommend it.
| Author Bio – Camilla Isley |
|---|
|
Camilla is an engineer turned writer after she quit her job to follow her husband on an adventure abroad. She’s a cat lover, coffee addict, and shoe hoarder. Besides writing, she loves reading—duh!—cooking, watching bad TV, and going to the movies—popcorn, please. She’s a bit of a foodie, nothing too serious. A keen traveler, Camilla knows mosquitoes play a role in the ecosystem, and she doesn’t want to starve all those frog princes out there, but she could really live without them. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| https://www.instagram.com/camillaisley/ | |
| Goodreads | https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14135080.Camilla_Isley |
| Facebook Author Page | https://www.facebook.com/camillaisley/ |
| X | https://twitter.com/camillaisley |
| Bookbub | Camilla Isley |
| https://www.pinterest.com/camillaisley/ | |

No comments:
Post a Comment