Written by Stephanie Wood⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
Today I'm reviewing my first Christmas read of 2024. Looking back to 2021, I find that my first Christmas read then was also by Stephanie Wood - The Christmas Miracle, Christmas on The Close Book 6.
Mistletoe Moments, Christmas on The Close Book 5 is having a book birthday blitz today and is on a blog tour organised by Rachel at Rachel's Random Resources and I should like to thank the author, Stephanie Wood, for a free digital copy of this novel to review.
Mistletoe Moments, Christmas on The Close Book 5 is having a book birthday blitz today and is on a blog tour organised by Rachel at Rachel's Random Resources and I should like to thank the author, Stephanie Wood, for a free digital copy of this novel to review.
The blurb:
Mistletoe MomentsYou are invited to spend CHRISTMAS ON THE CLOSE where each of the neighbours are celebrating in their own special way.
Veronica and Owen are looking forward to a happy Christmas on The Close with their friends and neighbours.
Their son, Travis, is due to take some important exams, but will he be able to concentrate when a serious crush derails his schedule? As their fortieth birthdays approach, some significant celebration will be required, but how can Veronica agree to Owen’s life-changing request?
The fifth standalone episode of ‘Christmas on The Close’ shows how sharing a treasured life with someone does not necessarily result in sharing the same treasured dreams.
Women’s Fiction
Family Life
My thoughts:
I saw this book being listed for a blog tour and remembered enjoying another short story in this series a while ago. The Christmas on The Close series is about a neighbourhood comprising 12 homes in a cul-de-sac and is set in the run-up to the Christmas holidays. Each family has its own story. Book 5 is about parents Veronica and Owen and their teenaged son Travis.Veronica and Owen are approaching their fortieth birthdays and would like to celebrate these milestones in spectacular fashion. However, an exchange of ideas sees the couple wanting very different things. Owen's idea is a hard ask which will cause major upheaval in their lives and Veronica can find numerous reasons not to act upon his request. Meanwhile, Travis is preparing for his exams but is distracted by his crush on the girl next-door.
I felt for Veronica as she listed the reasons that Owen's request would not be feasible. Owen obviously couldn't see things from her point of view. I could also understand the teenaged Travis worrying about his future whilst being smitten with his first crush.
This is another lovely, standalone story which fleetingly mentions some of the other neighbours in the close (although the reader does not have to have read the books in order to be able to follow the plot - which is great because I rarely start with Book One in any series I find!). I found it to be a quick, easy read, and although it is set around Christmas, I would be happy to read it at any time of year.
| Author Bio – Stephanie Wood |
|---|
|
I write contemporary fiction in the form of novels, novellas and short stories. I have two series of linked standalone stories; one is a collection of Greek holiday reads called Aegean Sun and the other is Christmas on the Close which is set in a suburban cul-de-sac and reveals what is happening in each of the neighbours’ houses over the festive period. I live in Lancashire where I have a large garden which takes a lot of maintenance, but I also enjoy reading lots of different genres and watching the soaps Emmerdale and Neighbours because I love character-based stories. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Web site | www.stephaniewood.co.uk |
| Facebook Author Page | https://www.facebook.com/StephanieWoodAuthor/ |
| X | @stephaniewooduk |
| X | @TheCloseSeries |




No comments:
Post a Comment