Thursday, 14 November 2024

The Poison Pen Letters
The Village Detectives Book #2

Blog tour header for The Poison Pen Letters  showing tour dates 8th to 14th November

Written by Fiona Walker


Highly
Recommended
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Boldwood Books (8 Nov. 2024)
Genre Women Sleuths, Mystery
Pages 376
ASIN B0D48ZDF48
ISBN-101835619355
ISBN-13978-1835619353

Today I'm taking part in the blog tour organised by Rachel of Rachel's Random Recources for
The Poison Pen Letters by Fiona Walker, and would like to thank Fiona Walker and her publisher, Boldwood Books, for a free digital copy of her novel to review.
Full tour banner showing participating bloggers and tour dates 8th to 14th November

Book cover for the novel The Poison Pen Letters by Fiona Walker

The blurb:

The Poison Pen Letters

We regret to announce the tragic death of Phoebe Fredericks…

When crime novelist Phoebe opens the post and receives an invitation to her own funeral, she’s horrified. Not least because the date of her death is marked as tomorrow.

Deciding it’s nothing more than a prank from an enemy from her past, she determines to put it to the back of her mind.

But the next morning, when her completely infuriating postman (who likes to think himself her no.1 literary critic) rings her doorbell, a parcel of poisoned pen-nibs explodes in his face. Forced to confront the fact her correspondence is more RIP than RSVP, Phoeve realises someone must want her dead.

Together with the newly-formed Village Detectives – Juno, Mil and Felix – Phoebe resolves to find out who is behind the poison pen letters before they strike again and her fate is signed, sealed and delivered!

An totally hilarious, modern cozy crime mystery, from million-copy bestselling author Fiona Walker, perfect for fans of Richard Osman, Janet Evanovich and Janice Hallett.


Women sleuths    mystery   


My thoughts:

The blurb, the title - The Poison Pen Letters - and the book cover piqued my interested, so much so that I decided on the spot that I just had to read it immediately.

The Poison Pen Letters is book number 2 in The Village Detectives series but the first in this series that I have read. It's also my first by this author. No matter. I found I didn't need to have read the first book,
The Art of Murder to fully appreciate this novel. Although having done so now, I've added The Art of Murder to my wish list.

I like to think I am on an adventure of discovery when I read fiction. I love well-researched historical fiction because I most times learn something new and interesting. Cozy fiction is, for me, more entertainment than educational so I was delighted to find that more than once, I had to look up references made in the text, and that made this novel all the more enjoyable; a rung above the usual cozy mysteries that I enjoy.

I found The Poison Pen Letters entertainingly humorous, as well as a real brain-teaser. There are so many threads to follow that I can't tell you how many times I changed my mind as to who the murderer might be, and their motives, and I was completely caught off guard when they were revealed.

I would whole-heartedly recommend The Poison Pen Letters to readers who enjoy a slightly more challenging cozy mystery.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU    Amazon IN

https://mybook.to/poisonpensocial




Author Bio – Fiona Walker
publicity shot of author Fiona Walker

Fiona Walker is the million copy bestselling author of joyously funny romantic comedies.

Most recently published by Head of Zeus, she will be turning to cozy crime for Boldwood.

The first in her new Village Detectives series, The Art of Murder, will be published in May 2024.


Other stories I've read by Fiona Walker






No comments:

Post a Comment