Friday, 30 May 2025

#20BooksOfSummer Challenge
From Sunday June 1st to Sunday August 31st

20 Books of Summer is back! With new hosts


Logo for the 2025 20 Books of Summer reading challenge
Last Year Cathy of 746 Books announced that she would not host 20 Books of Summer this year after ten successful years of helping readers like me to conquer their huge TBR piles.

As I didn't take part in this challenge last year I missed this post, but when searching for it recently, I found two bloggers have generously donated their time to run this event, AnnaBookBel and Emma of Words and Peace.

I've had a quick look at my physical bookcase and immediately see 14 unread books. There are now 778 unread e-books and 5 audiobooks. I really do need to stop adding books and tackle reading those I have already!

To get started, I have chosen to read 20 books.

Ambitious? Definitely! However, for my goals this year I am trying to read 10 short stories so that should help me to achieve a good half of this figure. And remember, the challenge is fluid, so I can always opt to read fewer or shorter books and still finish the challenge feeling like a winner!

If you want to join me, sign up here.

The rules are simple:
  • The #20BooksofSummer2025 challenge runs from Sunday June 1st to Sunday August 31st
  • The first rule of 20 Books is that there are no real rules, other than signing up for 10, 15 or 20 books and trying to read from your TBR.
  • Pick your list in advance, or nominate a bookcase to read from, or pick at whim from your TBR.
  • If you do pick a list, you can change it at any time – swap books in/out.
  • Don’t get panicked at not reaching your target.
  • Just enjoy a summer of great reading and make a bit of space on your shelves!

So now to pick my reads:

Book
No.
TitleAuthor
1The Girl from NormandyRachel Sweasey
2Brighter Days for the Cornish GirlsBetty Walker
3One Click AwayJoanne Ryan
4Girl in the Castle: Henriette's Highland HideawayLizzie Lamb
5Secret Psychic Stories Volume 1Margaret Solis
6Welcome to New YorkLuana Ferraz
7How to Begin AgainCindy Ray Hale
8Girl At ChristmasRhoda Baxter
9Witching Again!Stephanie Dagg
10The Unmumsy MumsSarah, The Unmumsy Mum
11Three Men and a MaybeKatey Lovell
12Raining Men and Corpses: A Raina Sun MysteryAnne R Tan
13The ProposalLily Zante
14Perfect ChristmasElizabeth Grey
15Close Your Eyes and Count to ThreeMark Hysom
16Pat's PantryRhoda Baxter
17Time To Move OnIan Wilfred
18Cold GraveJenny O'Brien
19A Brahminy SunriseMaggie Christensen
20Mrs Claus Saves ChristmasMona Marple

I've set up a Goodreads Bookshelf and will begin with The Girl from Normandy as that's for a blog tour in June and then work through some of the shorter stories to bolster my sense of achievement. Nobody said I have to read War and Peace for the challenge and I'm just hoping to reduce my unread bookshelf a tad. The trouble is that I add more books than I actually have time to read!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with any title here, but I can see your #1 would be perfect also for #ParisinJuly2025, so maybe wait for July to read this one. Check here:
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2025/05/16/paris-in-july-2025/
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete