Written by Florence Keeling
|
Today I'm delighted to be taking part in the blog tour for The Word is Love by Florence Keeling and I have a short extract to share with you, giving a flavour of what is to come.
Many thanks to Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for the invitation to join the tour and also to the author Florece Keeling for providing the extract below.
Why not follow the tour where you'll find more extracts, reviews and interviews.
The blurb:
The Word is LoveLucky in life but unlucky in love, Lucy Greenfield owns a successful carriage business along with her best friend Max, and they have never been busier since their shire horses gained fame from their roles in the hit movie A Little in Love.
Too busy for romance, Lucy is surprisingly swept off her feet when Spencer arrives seeking help with his horse, and something more from Lucy. As quickly as Lucy falls, she wonders if all is not as it seems. Max can prove it, but that means he will have to express his true feelings for Lucy.
Relationships are strained as secrets unravel, and Lucy needs to solve the riddle of words to best describe how she feels… For her best friend.
Together, they must overcome what’s keeping them apart before it’s too late, if they are going to realise that the word they are searching for is love.
Enjoy this short extract from The Word is Love
In this extract, Lucy has had to cancel some events due to the horses being sick and this has caused some bad press. Here we have Max comforting her.
‘Sit down,’ Max said quietly as he watched her pacing up and down.
‘You don’t understand.’ She carried on walking, turning around each time she reached the wall or the window. ‘This is my family business, my dad trusted me to carry it on, and I’ve failed him.’
‘Stop pacing!’ Max shouted at her and Lucy stopped instantly in front of him, her mouth open, ready to speak. ‘Have you read the responses?’ Lucy shook her head.
‘Then I suggest you do.’ He handed her phone back to her.
‘Oh.’ She looked at Max apologetically, starting to cry. ‘Some of these are so lovely.’
‘There are a few nasty ones in there I’ll grant you.’ He moved from behind the desk to stand next to Lucy. ‘But most of them support our decision and wish the horses a speedy recovery.’
‘One even wants to book us for her wedding next Christmas.’ Lucy sobbed.
‘Jesus, Lucy.’ Max dug a hand into his pocket. ‘I haven’t got any tissues.’ He gently cupped her face in his hands and wiped her tears away with his thumbs.
She stared at him, her breath in her throat, her heart pounding in her ears. His brown eyes stared with such intensity that she wanted to look away, but Lucy was rooted to the spot by some invisible force.
For what felt like hours, they stood there, gazing into each other’s eyes, neither moving, neither breathing. Caught in a moment.
‘It’s raining cats and dogs out there.’ They broke guiltily apart as Johnny came into the office, stamping his boots on the mat.
‘Is it?’ Lucy asked, trying to sound nonchalant, pretending to tidy something on the desk.
| Author Bio – Florence Keeling |
|---|
|
I was born in Coventry but now live in Nuneaton. I married the love of my life over 20 years ago and we have two almost grown up children. We share our lives with two mad dogs as well. Writing is a great passion of mine, that one day I hope to be able to turn into a career but until that day comes, I will continue working in accounts and payroll. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| X | https://x.com/KeelingFlorence |



No comments:
Post a Comment