Written by Penny Byrne
| ||||||||||||
| Published by | Independent Publishing Network 30 Oct. 2025 |
| Genre | Children's picture book |
| Pages | 24 |
| ISBN-10 | 1836887051 |
| ISBN-13 | 978-1836887058 |
For readers aged 2 - 5 years | |
On a short break to Jersey, I was looking for small gifts to bring home for the grandchildren when I stumbled upon the Christmas Market in St Helier. There were lots of wonderful arts and craft stalls, and amongst them was local author Penny Byrne with an array of her enticing children's books. Obviously I could not resist and found two absolutely perfect books which I now want to share with you. The first book, My first Jersey abc is a board book for toddlers.
The blurb:
My first Jersey abcThis delightful alphabet book, with its bright pictures and simple design, has been created to introduce English language awareness.
To broaden its reach and appeal we have also included other languages: Romanian, Polish, Urdu, Portuguese and Jersey's very own Jèrrais.
Fabulous, brightly coloured images illustrate the text in this charming board book for young children.
I bought this for a two-and-a-half-year-old and she was immediately and completely taken with it because the ABC demonstrated items that she knew but had not seen in other ABC books previously. Her favourite is the red squirrel as we only see greys locally.
I was particularly interested in the inclusion of the equivalent words in other languages and hope that will encourage an interest in languages as she gets older.
I am delighted with my purchase and highly recommend it to encourage vocabulary development.
| Author Bio – Penny Byrne |
|---|
|
Penny Byrne is a children’s author inspired by the history and the beauty the wonderful island of Jersey CI. Locally she works with the Government of Jersey, charities, organisations and schools to create books that are fun to read, gorgeous to look at and in many cases that teach children (and adults) about Jersey. Penny offers talks, books readings and workshops to Primary Schools across the Island, including covering the topics of the Stone Age, the Occupation and the Corn Riots. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Web site | Penny Byrne Author |
| Penny Byrne Author | |
| Facebook Author Page | Penny Byrne Author |



No comments:
Post a Comment