Monday, 25 May 2026

The 20 Books of Summer Reading Challenge

20 books of summer 2026 challenge logo aiming to achieve 20 books between 1st June and 31st August

It's that time of year again when the 20 Books Of Summer Reading Challenge begins and I am motivated to hit my TBR pile and dig out some of those books which I thought sounded great when I acquired them, but have found their way to the bottom of the pile!

This year the 20 Books Of Summer Reading Challenge is being hosted by AnnaBookBel, running from 1st June to 31st August. The hashtag this year is #20BOS26. If you would like to join in, follow the link to AnnaBookBel to read the "rules" and sign up.

I've had a quick look and find that I begin the challenge with more books that I had at this time last year - 838 ebooks, 5 audiobooks and at least 12 paperbacks waiting to be read. Suddenly this feels like a mammoth task to make any headway with the project of significantly reducing my TBR pile as I'm once again time poor.

To get started, I have chosen to read 20 books, 18 of which are less than 100 pages, to help me achieve this target.


Book
No.
TitleAuthor
1Death at the Village Christmas Fair (The Cotswold Curiosity Shop #3)Debbie Young
2Loving Spirits at the Vintage Teashop (Ghosts of Rowan Vale, #2)Sharon Booth
3 Before the Garden on Holly Street: Valentine's DayMegan Attley
4A Dog in the Manger Part OneVictoria Wallin
5A Christmas GiftStella Wilkinson
6The Lynmouth Stories: Beautiful places hide dark secretsL V Hay
7Snow After ChristmasD Allen
8How NOT To Write Female Characters :
Why Writers Get Female Characters Wrong - And How To Fix It
L V Hay
9A Charlie Browne ChristmasLaurie Baxter
10Swept Away (The Larkford Series #1.5)Penny Parkes
11#Lola (#Toots, #0.5)Linh Le James
12The Apple OrchardVictoria Henry
13Boy Brainy (Dai Monday #1)Jenny O'Brien
14The First Christmas (Christmas On The Close #1)Stephanie Wood
15Escape the VolcanoStephanie Dagg
16 Secret Psychic Stories: Volume 1Margaret Solis
17SnowCora Brent
18 Yes, You Can Write!Bryan Collins
19Christmas at the Chateau (A French Escape #2)Lorraine Wilson
20 Ferry GodfatherLaurie Baxter

As always, these titles are not set in stone and can be swapped out at any time. I've decided to start with Death at the Village Christmas Fair as that will help towards clearing my Netgalley shelf as well. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I must say, I love how many Christmas books you have on your list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of choosing shorter books for the summer challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete