Monday, 15 June 2026

Escape the Volcano

20 books of summer 2026 challenge logo aiming to achieve 20 books between 1st June and 31st August

Written by Stephanie Dagg


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Mentor Books 1 Aug. 1998
Genre Children's Story
Pages 91
ISBN-101902586026
ISBN-13978-1902586021

For readers aged 9 - 12 years
#20BOS26 Reading Challenge Book #7
I downloaded a free digital copy of Escape the Volcano by Stephanie Dagg in December 2023 from Smashwords along with several other of her titles. During last year's 20 Books of Summer reading challenge, I read Witching Again and it is only now that some of those other books that I was so keen to read have come to the top of my TBR pile.

Book cover for the novel Escape the Volcano by Stephanie Dagg

The blurb:

Escape the Volcano

Tom has always been fascinated by volcanoes. So this summer Mum takes him, his sister Anna and his best friend Kevin for a holiday close to a dormant one in France.

It's their first holiday away since Tom's dad died two years ago.

They explore the area and make friends with a scientist studying a cave system nearby.

Everything is peaceful and fun - until one morning the volcano comes to life again.



Adventure    Children's Story    Fiction


My thoughts:

Escape the Volcano is an interesting children's story where I learned a bit about volcanoes, French life, and picked up some French phrases.

I would recommend this book for independent readers and although the suggested age range is 9 to 12 years, I think younger children would also enjoy this adventure story being read to them.




Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN

Foyles     Apple     Barnes & Noble



Other stories I've read by Stephanie Dagg and Stephanie Dagg's Children's stories




No comments:

Post a Comment