Written by L V Hay
Compulsive
|
| Published by | B2W Books 4 Dec. 2018 |
| Genre | Mystery, Crime |
| Pages | 35 |
| ASIN | B07L3TS5XM |
I downloaded a free copy of The Lynmouth Stories in May 2019 and promptly forgot about it until earlier this year when I started digging through my collection for short stories for the 20 Books of Summer challenge.
Today, I belated thank the author, L V Hay for a free copy of The Lynmouth Stories to read and review.
The blurb:
The Lynmouth Stories: Beautiful places hide dark secretsOn the remote North Devon coast, where tourists leave and silence takes over, danger doesn’t disappear - it settles in.
In In Plain Sight, a mother and her young son discover that the isolated headland above Lynmouth is not a refuge, but a trap with nowhere to run.
In Killing Me Softly, what begins as a perfect summer turns into something far colder - as charm, obsession, and control blur into something deadly.
In Hell and High Water, a last-minute getaway becomes a fight for survival when rising waters cut off escape - and the village starts to disappear around them.
Three stories. Three ordinary lives. One place where nothing stays safe for long.
Because Lynmouth is beautiful ... and beauty is the perfect place to hide what people don’t want found.
A dark, atmospheric collection of psychological suspense and coastal noir set in the haunting landscape of Devon’s most iconic seaside village.
Perfect for readers who love twisty short fiction, unsettling domestic suspense, and crime stories where nowhere feels truly safe.
The Lynmouth Stories: is a collection of three short stories; the common link being the setting of Lynmouth in Devon.
I was mesmerized, like a rabbit caught in the headlights, by the first two stories. Both are deeply disturbing. By the time I reached the third story, I knew the depths of darkness Ms Hay would take the reader and found that story less unsettling.
These stories involve children which to my mind made them feel more sinister. I liked the writing style and felt the author packed a lot into each of these short stories.
I have on my bookshelf How NOT To Write Female Characters by the same author and having met some of Ms Hay's female characters, I will definitely be getting round to reading that sooner rather than later.


No comments:
Post a Comment