Sunday, 11 June 2017

Chapter 13 and beyond

Well, I have finished Chapter 13. The subplot seems plausible and I think I can tie it up with the main story. It's been sitting in draft-form for a couple of weeks and I now need to go through and check the timeline, grammar and punctuation. Other mundane stuff has come up these last few weeks and prevented me from finalising this chapter and moving on, but hopefully this week will see me do just that.

I've also  had trouble this last week with my broadband connection and spent a lot of time trying to sort that out with the help of the provider. As far as I'm concerned, it is still not right and the connection is dropping every few minutes, but they tell me that there is nothing wrong with it.

I've signed up to Fibre which should come on in the next fortnight, and I am hoping that will provide a better experience. It's odd that it's just happened and really annoying that I cannot stay connected for more than 10 minutes at a time. It cannot be the number of users as I've been the only one using it since 4.30am today and it is still not stable.

To further complicate my life, I have a new computer running Windows 10 and the transition from Vista to Windows 10 has left me a little frustrated. No, I lie... not a little...a lot.  I think I've got everything I need installed now, and my online storage is syncing (or not, depending on the broadband connection), so I'm more or less ready to go now. Fingers crossed this week will see Chapter 13 completed and Chapter 14 started...

No comments:

Post a Comment