Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Post holiday. As life returns to normal...

Recently I had an exchange of emails with a friend which caused me to think about a second story, and to write an outline for it. I don't think it will work as a novel, but it might make a nice short story.

I may have a second short story in the offing too, as JC has provided me with a scenario to end one of the characters in my novel which doesn't exactly tie in with how I want to do it. The idea is too good to waste, so I will see if I can work a short story around that. Thank you JC.

My mind is not fully focused on my novel as I'm still in holiday mode and have more excuses for not thinking or doing anything about it than the sea has fish. I'm hoping that when all the mundane tasks are out of the way and life returns to some semblance of normal, that I'll be able to quickly pick it up again.

I have now asked several people to read my novel and give me constructive criticism.  Most have very politely said that it is a good story. However, they have not said what they most like about it or which bits would work better if they were rewritten. So, I was delighted to get a couple of emails from one reader, who has provided me with a considered and meaningful critique. Thank you so much EB.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment