Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Still having issues...

I was told while we were on holiday that the internet had been restored and although the connection wasn't brilliant, it was stable and everyone was happy. Excellent news.

My husband and I arrived back home on Sunday, and on Monday, about mid-morning, we decided to check our emails. The internet seemed fine. After about 30 minutes, my husband popped his head into the room to say he wasn't able to get his emails. I had got mine so it had to be something to do with his wireless connection. I had a quick look at his computer and reentered the password and his computer downloaded his emails. Job done, I thought.

I was wrong. Several more hiccoughs throughout the day made me think there was either a problem with our computers or the broadband connection. I tried the mobile devices and they wouldn't connect either so it had to be the broadband connection. The kids arrived home after work and were not impressed that the internet was broken again!

I called the provider but did not get the option to speak to a person. I had to deal with them via text messaging.  Mobile phones are not my thing and I would have been happier to speak to a person but I managed to text back and forth. The upshot is that I have removed the front plate on the newly installed master socket and have the phone & the router plugged into the test socket. I can see wires which should be hidden by the plate, but at least the internet is working and stable.

I have a number of jobs to do which rely on using the internet so hopefully the current set up will keep the connection stable. When did we all become so dependant on the internet?

This morning to add insult to injury I needed to print a letter using my wireless printer and it refused. After several failed attempts to right it, I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and got it working again.  I am irritated because that is time lost where I could have been doing something else.

What else can go wrong? Perhaps I shouldn't have asked that question!

No comments:

Post a Comment