Well, I thought I was almost home and dry... but I'm not. I have been beaten by the Word template I downloaded from Createspace.
OK, it is set to check text in US English. I changed it to UK English. It can magically revert back to US English without me doing anything... HOW?
It starts some text at the top of a page and some in the middle. I have tried to delete pages but that doesn't work.
And don't get me started on formatting & styles!
I have spent many hours Googling why it behaves like this and have found lots of instructive pages telling me how to resolve these issues.
Basically the answer is that I don't know how to use Word properly. I've never had to use all the facilities it offers, so using someone else's template, who does know what they're doing, is proving tricky :)
I uploaded a draft to CreateSpace the other day and found two whole blank pages added. I can't tell if it is because CreateSpace insists on white space at particular points or whether it is something my formatted template is causing.
I have had a bit of trouble with the book cover as well, but hey, it's all a learning curve.
No comments:
Post a Comment