Sunday, 13 August 2017

Onto the next problem

OK, I have solved the template issue - more by luck than judgement. I found several helpful web pages that explained how to use headers and footers, page settings and styles and used this new knowledge to work on the template successfully.

So having sorted that out, I was ready to upload the finished manuscript to Createspace. It was all going too well... always a bad sign.... when the information for the interior and the cover would not save fully. No matter what I did, I kept getting the 'Action needed' message. Look as I may, I could see nothing that needed attention.

I found some more helpful web pages on the subject and watched a Createspace video on Youtube which helped to solve it.

When working in the Interior Reviewer, my browser does not show the entire page and I was unable to see the button I needed to save the project completely. I had to turn off my bookmarks bar to make the tip of the Save and Continue button visible on screen. On clicking that, everything saved as it should and I was able to move on.

I will be making some notes on the process later, as I bet I'm not the only one who had this trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment