Saturday, 9 September 2017

Reading the Proof

Having read through the proof I was shocked to find so many errors as it looked perfect on screen. The formatting errors stand out better in the printed medium than on screen and I've managed to confuse the rules for writing numbers in fiction. Sometimes I have written 'he took 2 tablets' and at others I have used 'he took two tablets'. I have done a bit of research and discovered that generally, numbers 0-100 are spelled out and anything over 100 is written in numerals. But there are of course exceptions...

Today has been spent reading the printed version and making corrections, which I'm happy to report is now done. The next step is to redesign the book cover to include my new logo.

I am learning a lot about writing and self-publishing and I have to say that it's been very interesting and enjoyable. And of course, I am another step closer to calling myself an author and publisher!



No comments:

Post a Comment