First I had to check that the name I wanted to use was not already in existence. Six names later, I found one that hadn't been taken and designed a logo for it. The next day I decided I did not like the name or the logo and think I settled on it out of desperation rather than because it suited me. So I started again to look for inspiration. I have now decided on a name which speaks to me.
My imprint is Against the Flow Press.
The next step was to create a simple logo, which I did using www.canva.com. This will be used on the book cover as well as the icon for this blog.
Additionally, I have set up an email account specifically for my publishing imprint, to give it a more professional feel.
I downloaded Kindle Create to convert my word document into a kindle e-book and found out how to send it to my kindle.
I had no idea when I started that I could do all this myself. I never considered paying anyone to publish my work and thought the story would just be another file on my computer. And it probably would have, had I not spoken to Cathy Shuter. Sometimes it's not what you know, it's who you know!

No comments:
Post a Comment