Wednesday, 13 September 2017

And then I pressed the 'Publish' button

Well, I've done it! I read through the book draft, made the corrections to my manuscript and book cover files, and then uploaded them to CreateSpace. Last time, I think it took about 24 hours for the cover and interior files to be approved, so hopefully sometime tomorrow, I'll be able to publish the paperback book.

Next, I amended the manuscript for the e-book and uploaded that to KDP.  I worked through the various screens, making decisions about cost, royalties, availability, channels etc... by which time I was able to download a copy of the e-book to review on my kindle. The instructions were easy to follow and Orchard View appears in my kindle library, just like a real book!

Having reviewed the kindle version to see that it all looked as it should, I checked the links were working... and then I pressed the 'Publish' button. My e-book is now in the review stage at KDP and I should hear something within 72 hours. It's all very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment