Written by C J Morrow⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
I was taking part in Melanie Thurlow's #DecTheShelves challenge - which asks readers to commit to buying 25 books written by independent authors in the run up to Christmas - when I came across C J Morrow.
Morrow was promoting A Onesie is not just for Christmas, the sequel to 'Blame it on the Onesie'. I read the first couple of pages using the Look Inside the Book app, and thought it was definitely a book I would enjoy reading.
It seemed silly to start in the middle of a series - I have done this before but fortunately they were stand alone books and it didn't matter too much that I'd started at the end and worked backwards! - so I purchased both.
The book is described as 'A romantic comedy about work, water and wine' and the blurb reads:
Morrow was promoting A Onesie is not just for Christmas, the sequel to 'Blame it on the Onesie'. I read the first couple of pages using the Look Inside the Book app, and thought it was definitely a book I would enjoy reading.
It seemed silly to start in the middle of a series - I have done this before but fortunately they were stand alone books and it didn't matter too much that I'd started at the end and worked backwards! - so I purchased both.
The book is described as 'A romantic comedy about work, water and wine' and the blurb reads:
The blurb:
27 year old Ella Taylor is having a tough time:
- Her mum’s recently died
- She’s been cheated out of a promotion at work
- Her new boss is a Barbie doll who models herself on Gwyneth Paltrow
- She’s living in a horrible bedsit
- The hot guy upstairs thinks she’s an idiot in a Kermit the Frog onesie
And now she’s inherited a run down cottage in a hick village with a bunch of conditions attached.
Satire
RomCom
Fiction
My thoughts:
I started reading 'Blame it on the Onesie' on 4th January and I have finished it today (7th January). I could not put it down. I thought it was entertaining, funny and well written. The characters were totally believable. Ella's work situation rang true and the humorous way she dealt with it made me smile. The 'Spring of Life' plot was a little strange, but did not detract from my overall enjoyment of the story. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a romantic comedy.I am now going to start 'A Onesie is not just for Christmas', to see what happens next... I do hope Hal gets his just deserts! I am adding C J Morrow to my list of favourite authors and will be buying more of her novels once I've finished reading the 25 books I bought for the #DecTheShelves challenge!

No comments:
Post a Comment