Wednesday, 11 April 2018

Broken
(Warwick Cooper Thrillers Book 1)

Written by Donna Siggers


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Independently published (17 Nov. 2017)
Genre Crime Thriller, Psychological Thriller
Pages 375
ASIN B077H16W9Z
ISBN-101723772089
ISBN-13978-1723772085



I bought Broken last year as part of the #DecTheShelves challenge because, having read the blurb, I thought it was something that might generally appeal to me.

Recently, as I scanned through my list of to-be-read books, I realised that I'd been putting off reading this particular book because I didn't like the cover. The young woman pictured is supposed to be the fictional Katie-Ann Warwick, but I was seeing somebody else entirely; and that rather put me off.

Well, I am getting through my #DecTheShelves purchases, and I couldn't put off reading it much longer, so I opened it up on my reading app on 6th April... and I finished it this afternoon. What a page turner!


The blurb:


Broken is the first in a series of thrillers featuring Katie-Ann Warwick and Sam Cooper. We join this dynamic duo as their relationship heats up and they have reason to work together once again. Drawing on Sam’s undercover experience to trace a kidnapped woman, Kate’s friend and old colleague, they have every reason to suspect she’s at the mercy of a prisoner who has just escaped – Carl Ashbeck. Ashbeck has Kate on his agenda and very much in his sights.

Will Sam and Kate get the break they need or will the corruption within London’s Metropolitan police hold them back? And, will Sam’s past cast a shadow on the investigation?



Psychological Thriller    Crime Thriller    Fiction


My thoughts:

I really did not want to put this book down. It was well told and absolutely gripping. At the beginning we learn about Carl Ashbeck, his history with Katie-Ann Warwick and her colleagues Mel and Jen, and how he intends to take his revenge on them all.

The story then centres on Katie-Ann and is told mostly from her perspective. It is part of a trilogy, although parts 2 & 3 are not yet published. The ending left me frustrated that I didn't find out the significance of the attack on the family at the beginning of the story, or learn who Jade really was, and I would happily pick up Part 2 today if it was available, to get those questions answered.

A 5 star read for anyone who enjoys a good thriller.



Purchase from:

Barnes & Noble     Waterstones    Amazon UK



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Deborah, for reading Broken and giving me five stars. I am currently writing the second book in the Warwick/Cooper Series that I HOPE will be available by the end of this year. There is also a story plan for the third in the series. I turned to writing after a serious head injury so am truly humbled when someone enjoys my work. Writing is now a passion -- Donna Siggers

    ReplyDelete