Wednesday, 18 April 2018

A Beginner's Guide to Christmas

Written by Jennifer Joyce


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Jennifer Joyce (8 Jan. 2014)
Genre Holidays, Romantic Comedy
Pages 53





The blurb:


Ruth usually spends Christmas curled up on her parents’ sofa, watching feel-good movies whilst being fed festive food and drink until she can no longer move. But Ruth’s perfect Christmas is shattered when her mum receives a DIY-induced injury and Ruth is forced to take over the preparations.

Shopping. Cooking. A house full of hyped-up kids.

Christmas may no longer be the most wonderful time of the year.


Short Stories    Romcom   


My thoughts:

Enjoyable short story about the stresses and strains of putting on Christmas. I can relate to all the things that go wrong in this comedy.

I love the way it is set out as 'Lessons' to be learned from the experiences whilst telling the story. I felt more engaged with the story because it felt like Ruth was speaking to me personally.




Purchase from:

Amazon UK    Amazon US    Amazon CA    Amazon AU



No comments:

Post a Comment