Monday, 8 October 2018

Magical Memories

Written by L S Fellows


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Inkfellows Publications (6 Oct. 2018)
Genre Short Story, Dementia
Pages 27
ASIN B07G7BM55V

My thanks to author L S Fellows and Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for the invitation to join the blog tour for Magical Memories and a free digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The blurb:

Magical Memories

As Archie Royle takes his final breath, three sisters race to say their goodbyes.
Two don’t make it in time.
I do.
And now, it’s all my fault they’re too late.
Despite him having dementia.
Despite them not visiting in over a month.

But I won’t let anger win.
After all, we’re all grieving, aren’t we?
Surely, as a family, we can let bygones be bygones.

It’s what Dad would want. Expect.
It’s what he deserves.
We have so much to be grateful for.
So many fond and magical memories to share.

Magical Memories is a fictional tale of loss, grief and moving on.


Short Stories    Women's Fiction    Dementia


My thoughts:

A second short story from Fellows dealing with another difficult subject - that of the death of a loved one.

Archie Royle is taking his last breaths. His youngest daughter is at his side as he passes. Her two older sisters arrive shortly after Archie has died, and they are angry that the youngest 'let him go' before they got there.

There is now a funeral to arrange, and the eldest takes charge. She wants to arrange a green funeral, but the youngest stands her ground, and they all eventually work together to create the type of funeral that would provide a suitable tribute to their father. They reconnect and are able to move forward together.

This is a poignant, fictional story which deals with the emotions associated with losing a loved-one and the grieving process. It is another well-written story, following on from Magic O'Clock, which had me thinking about the people I have lost and how I and my family have dealt with that.




Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU





Author Bio – L S Fellows

Despite being born in England, my heart now lies in Spain. Many moons ago, I was a student in Granada, Spain. I loved it so much and swore I would return one day on a more permanent basis. In 2003, I did just that.

Now, as a fur-mum to two adorable but mischievous mutts, in my free time I can usually be spotted with my nose in a book, armed with just the teeniest chunk of chocolate and a zillion pomegranates!


Other stories I've read by L S Fellows





2 comments:

  1. I so appreciate you reading and reviewing my stories. Thank you, thank you & muchas gracias ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. I enjoyed reading them and hope you can find a few more stories to write about Archie because he sounded like a really entertaining character :0

    ReplyDelete