Written by L S Fellows⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
My thanks to author L S Fellows and Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for the invitation to join the blog tour for Magic O'Clock, and a free digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
The blurb:
Magic O’Clock:
Archie Royle is a kind, funny, gentle man.
He’s also my dad. My storyteller. My hero.
Except he doesn’t remember my face any more.
His world, these days, doesn’t include me or his family.
Life may have changed for him, but he hasn’t given up on life.
Not at all.
It’s just different.
Dad still tells his stories, albeit for a new audience.
He makes people smile and chuckle. As he always did.
He’s a fighter, a survivor and maybe sometimes too clever for his own good! He’ll surprise you. I can assure you of that.
Welcome to Magic O’Clock, where time is irrelevant and hope is unlimited.
Short Stories
Women's Fiction
Dementia
Anyone who has watched a loved-one being overtaken by dementia will be able to relate to the moments of hope when the sufferer appears lucid, and that dreadful feeling of overwhelming loss as they slip away again.
The story is about a daughter who has found hope in the knowledge that her father, Archie Royle, a dementia sufferer, seems to have moments of extraordinary clarity. At 3 PM - the magical hour - he seems to return to himself, and be able to captivate an audience with his wonderful storytelling ability.
The daughter now regularly visits the care facility he lives in at that time, in the hope of finding this magical clarity extending to recognition of herself.
This is a very short story which tugs at your heartstrings. It is a well-written piece of fiction, but obviously draws from real life, which brought up a lot of memories for me as I read it.
The story is about a daughter who has found hope in the knowledge that her father, Archie Royle, a dementia sufferer, seems to have moments of extraordinary clarity. At 3 PM - the magical hour - he seems to return to himself, and be able to captivate an audience with his wonderful storytelling ability.
The daughter now regularly visits the care facility he lives in at that time, in the hope of finding this magical clarity extending to recognition of herself.
This is a very short story which tugs at your heartstrings. It is a well-written piece of fiction, but obviously draws from real life, which brought up a lot of memories for me as I read it.
| Author Bio – L S Fellows |
|---|
Despite being born in England, my heart now lies in Spain. Many moons ago, I was a student in Granada, Spain. I loved it so much and swore I would return one day on a more permanent basis. In 2003, I did just that. Now, as a fur-mum to two adorable but mischievous mutts, in my free time I can usually be spotted with my nose in a book, armed with just the teeniest chunk of chocolate and a zillion pomegranates! |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Web site | https://just4mybooks.wordpress.com/ |
| Amazon Author Page | http://amazon.com/author/lsfellows |
| Facebook Author Page | http://www.facebook.com/LFWrites |
| X | https://twitter.com/lfwrites |



Thank you for your wonderful review. I really appreciate it :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing Archie with us :)
ReplyDelete