Written by Zara Stoneley⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
My thanks to author Zara Stoneley, Netgalley, Harper Impulse and Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for the invitation to join the blog tour for No One Cancels Christmas, and a free digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
The blurb:
No One Cancels ChristmasIt’s the most magical time of the year, and for travel agent Sarah it’s also the busiest! But this year one man threatens to ruin Christmas for Sarah’s customers – Mr Grinch, Will Armstrong.
The Shooting Star Mountain resort is a magical place, and Sarah has fond memories of Christmas here as a little girl – visits to Father Christmas, husky rides in the snow and hot chocolate by a roaring fire. But as the resorts new owner, Will refuses to play snowball or to deck the halls with anything remotely resembling tinsel!
With customers complaining their Christmas is ruined, Sarah decides it’s up to her to convince Scroogey Will just how magical Christmas can be….
But getting Will into the Christmas spirit is hopeless – he is Bah Humbug personified! But as Sarah gets to know him better, she realises that underneath all the gloom is a man struggling with a pain of his own.
With the big day approaching, Sarah realises that the magic and sparkle can wait. This year, she’s going to spend Christmas day with someone special her very own Mr Scrooge…
Fiction
RomCom
My thoughts:
I'd not read anything by Zara Stoneley previously, but I found the cover of No One Cancels Christmas rather appealing in its simplicity, and the blurb definitely sounded like the sort of story I'd enjoy reading. And I wasn't wrong! The story is told in the first person, from the point of view of the newly single Sarah, and the action takes place in both Canada and the UK. It begins just before the Christmas holidays with Sarah, a travel agent, deciding to fly out to Canada to sort out the Shooting Star Mountain resort, which has been receiving very negative reviews of late. Here she meets and experiences the owners, Will, the brooding one, and his brother Ed, the work-shy one.
The main characters are likeably flawed, with issues to resolve, and the secondary characters add colour to the story. I particularly liked Poppy, the child who attaches herself to Sarah on the flight over and Rosie the dog. Animals are such knowing creatures. But my favourite character would have to be Sam's mum, Ruth, as she provides some of the comedic moments without being aware of it - which of course adds to the comedy value.
I enjoyed reading this book and I will look out for more stories from Ms Stoneley.
| Author Bio – Zara Stoneley |
|---|
Born in a small village in Staffordshire, I wanted to be a female James Herriot, a spy, or an author when I grew up. After many years, and many different jobs, my dream of writing a bestseller came true. I write about friendship, dreams, love, and happy ever afters, and hope that my tales make you cry a little, laugh a lot, and occasionally say 'ahhh'. I now live in a Cheshire village with my family, a lively cockapoo called Harry, and a very bossy (and slightly evil) cat called Saffron. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Web site | http://www.zarastoneley.com/ |
| https://www.instagram.com/zarastoneley/ | |
| Facebook Author Page | http://www.facebook.com/ZaraStoneley |
| X | https://twitter.com/ZaraStoneley |




No comments:
Post a Comment