Tuesday, 18 December 2018

2018 Goals...Abandoned!

Following on from my post of 26th March God is still laughing, I have to report a 5/5 total failure.

As usually happens, other things in life cropped up, taking my focus away from the 5 tasks I set myself this year. Next year, drawing a line under the events of this year, and armed with the knowledge of how off-course I managed to wander, I am determined to achieve at least one of my goals... I have my fingers crossed behind my back as I write this...

On 31st December, I believed that I would finish my current story. At this point the truth is, I haven't looked at it in months. My plot wasn't working and I asked for legal advice which steered me away from my original idea. A little later the topic came up again, this time in a face-to-face conversation, and the adviser, with better understanding of my problem, approved my original idea. Whilst I was pleased I could revert to the original plot, I never actually did more than make notes in my notebook. 

Not finishing the story, obviously sees my failure to achieve Goal 2, which was to publish that story.

Goal 3 was to read and review all 25 purchases made in 2017 during the #DecTheShelves challenge. I managed to read and review 17 of those, and in my defence, according to the Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge, I have read 63 books this year... just not the ones I intended!


Goal 4 to promote myself and my new book is a 50% fail as the new book did not materialise. I have, however, been busy taking part in blog tours and making more use of social media which has raised my profile.


Goal 5, writing a story in a different genre, never even got started, although I have an idea for a short story noted down, and I just need to find the time to be write it out in full.


On a brighter note, my DNA test opened up new avenues of research and by chance my husband came across another researcher who traces one of my ancestors back to Robert the Bruce. We are still looking into this, but it's proving an interesting talking point.


I am now accustomed to my Fitbit buzzing me. At 10 minutes to the hour, I know that means I have to get up and run around, but apart from the 10,000 steps buzz, I have no idea what the other alarms are about!


I shall now start to think about goals I should set myself for next year...



No comments:

Post a Comment