|
20 Books of Summer Challenge The #20BooksOfSummer challenge begins next Monday, 3rd June, and this is just a quick update on my preparations so far. As expected my TBR pile has crept up. Not as much as I'd have expected, but that's probably due to finding that I had a couple of duplicate files amongst my ebooks, and being able to delete two 'samples'. I have, however, acquired 14 new ebooks this week, and today I learned that I've won another paperback in a raffle! Having previously chosen my 20 books to read during the challenge, I am now about to make my first substitution! I was very naughty last week and signed up for another blog tour - well, three actually, but two take place after this challenge has finished, so I'm not counting those! The Humundo Sorterium goes on tour on 19th June, so unfortunately that has bumped Lily Zante's Honeymoon For One off my list. It's not like I'll never get to it. The great thing about this challenge is that it has helped to focus my mind on what I'm going to read. Usually, I don't think about more than 3 books at a time. However, having to produce a list of 20 titles has motivated me to carefully consider what I have in my library, and when I'm going to read it. So to the titles I intend to read. They are drawn from my Netgalley shelf, Blog Tours I've signed up to, and e-books I've acquired. This list is still subject to change, as I've recently joined a book club, and expect to be reading at least two books chosen by the group which I'm certain won't be on my list. This is not a reading order, just a list. I've added most of the titles to my Goodreads 20BooksOfSummer shelf, where I'll be recording my progress. I'm a little apprehensive, now that I think about what I'm taking on - 20 books in 91 days - but this challenge is flexible, and will allow me to drop my goal from 20 to 15 to 10 if necessary. I've started high to motivate me to crack on. With my Goodreads reading challenge, I start low and increase it if things are going well. That challenge is less forgiving, and I don't want an 'incomplete' ribbon on my challenge board.
So, my revised list is:
My Netgalley shelf:
Ebooks
The #20BooksOfSummer challenge runs for 13 weeks from 3rd June, and if you'd like to join in, Cathy’s blog post will tell you all you need to know. Why not join the fun, and see if you can knock a few titles off your TBR list this summer? |
Monday, 27 May 2019
Update 1 #20BooksOfSummer Challenge
#Books @Cathy746Books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great choice of books - I've added some of my blog tour reads as well, didn't think I would make it if I tried to be even more ambitious.
ReplyDeleteHappy Reading!
I'm joining in too - https://onemoreword.uk/2019/06/02/20-books-of-summer-2019-20booksofsummer-amreading-books-summer/
Your list looks very challenging. I'll be following your progress week-to-week. Good luck.
Delete