Written by Rich Amooi🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
|
My thanks to Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for the invitation to join the blog tour for Dying to Meet You, and once again to author Rich Amooi for a free digital copy of this book to review.
The blurb:
Dying to Meet You Liz Parker doesn’t like surprises, but winning the lottery isn’t something she would complain about. Before she has time to think about how to spend her new fortune, she’s hit with an even bigger shock than unexpected wealth. She has three months to live unless she finds a one-in-a-million bone marrow donor.While her medical team scrambles to locate her miracle, Liz throws together a bucket list, charters a private jet, and takes off to see the world. The journey of a lifetime holds even more surprises, including the hunky pilot she’s falling for at the most inconvenient time.
Will Liz die before she can realize her happily-ever-after, or will the universe come through for her one more time? Find out in this humorous tale of true love and adventure!
Romcom
Humour
My thoughts:
I have previously taken part in blog tours for Madam Love, Actually and There's Something About a Cowboy - both of which I loved. So when Rachel presented me with the opportunity to take part in a blog tour for another Rich Amooi book, I absolutely had to accept! And I'm so glad I did, as Dying to Meet You, in my humble opinion, is Amooi's best work to-date, and one which I've added to my 6 Star Reads! I read his acknowledgement section which says it nearly killed him - it was a hard one to write. He puts that down to writing about life and death. For me, it was an easy one to read. Compelling, well-researched, great, well-drawn characters, and with a plausible plot line, I found it difficult to put down.
Liz Parker, a 50-year-old, history teacher, and two-time divorcee wins the lottery. But before she has time to come to terms with that piece of amazing good luck, she is diagnosed with a rare bone marrow disease, which could be treated with a bone marrow transplant, if a match can be found in time. Without it she has about three months to live. Her brother Josh is not a match.
With the clock ticking, and on the advice of her friend and doctor, Dr Singh, and whilst waiting for a match to be found, Liz makes a bucket list of faraway places she wants to visit before it is too late. She can afford to hire a private jet to take her on this trip of a lifetime, and hires Ford Charters and Excursions, thereby meeting Adam Ford, the 50-year-old owner, and widower of almost two years.
How their relationship develops during the trip is brilliantly told in this emotion-charged yet humorous story. There is philanthropy, humour, love and romance aplenty, played out against a backdrop of ever-changing towns and landmark cities.
I loved the supporting characters, Orlando, Adam's First Officer and Josh, Liz's Policeman brother, as much as the main characters. Orlando is witty, supportive, tactful and Adam's confidant. Josh is supportive of Liz, and gently nudges her into making her bucket list. And there is more humour in the shape of Liz's neighbour Dolly Pearson, not-so-affectionately named Snoop Dolly Dog for all her poking and prying.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this engaging story, and would wholeheartedly recommend Dying to Meet You to readers who enjoy a good Rom-Com.
Note to Author: Rich, you've hit the ball out of the park with this one, and I can't wait for your next book!
| Author Bio – Rich Amooi |
|---|
Rich Amooi is a former radio personality and DJ who now writes romantic comedies full-time in San Diego, California. He is happily married to a kiss monster imported from Spain. Rich believes in public displays of affection, silliness, infinite possibilities, donuts, gratitude, laughter, and happily ever after. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Goodreads | https://www.goodreads.com/richamooi |
| Facebook Author Page | https://www.facebook.com/author.richamooi |
| X | https://twitter.com/RichAmooi |



Wow! Thanks so much. This makes me happy!
ReplyDelete