Thursday, 29 August 2019

Twisted Obsession

Banner for the category short stories

Written by Yawatta Hosby


I loved it! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Dream Snatcher Press (January 25, 2016)
Genre Short Story, Suspense, Thriller
Pages 86
ASIN 1523847719
ISBN-101523847719
ISBN-13978-1523847716



The blurb:

Book Cover for Twisted Obsession
Baby or no baby, Finia's determined to live life her way.

Too bad that doesn't fit Miki's version of a happy ending.

He owns her. No leeway.

If she fights back, then he'll make her regret it.

Miki will get his perfect family by any means necessary.


Short Stories    Suspense    Thriller


My thoughts:

Having thoroughly enjoyed Hosby's Something's Amiss, I added a couple of her books to my TBR list, and am only now getting around to reading them, thanks to the #20BooksOfSummer challenge!

Twisted Obsession is a short story, and one which had me glued to my screen from the outset.

The story is about a dangerous and controlling relationship.

Finia realises Miki is not the man for her, and the more she pulls away, the more he pulls her back to him. She is easily manipulated by him. She doesn't want to cause a fuss, and it's easier to do as he wants... until he does something to take away her choices; something she can't, or won't, undo.

She makes the decision to distance herself from him, but he still insinuates himself into her life at every opportunity. With every reach for freedom she makes, he is there, determined to reel her back in. This can only end badly for someone.

I wasn't expecting it to end in quite the way it did, and was shocked by how far Miki would go in order to control and hurt Finia.

I thought this was a well-written, and brilliantly dark psychological story which I very much enjoyed reading.




Purchase from:

Amazon UK    Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU





Other stories I've read by Yawatta Hosby




No comments:

Post a Comment