Monday, 7 December 2020

Curmudgeon Avenue's #ManchesterLockdown
(Curmudgeon Avenue, #5.5)

Written by Samantha Henthorn


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Independently Published (7th Sept 2020)
Genre Satire, Fiction
Pages 29

Once again I'd like to thank the author, Samantha Henthorn, for a free copy of her short story, Curmudgeon Avenue's #ManchesterLockdown, which I received when I signed up for her newsletter.

This story follows on from Book 5 The World Does Not Revolve Around Curmudgeon Avenue, which I very much enjoyed earlier this year.


The blurb:

The residents are nincompoops, the city is lockdown.

Will the street cope with the global pandemic?

The city of Manchester returned to lockdown because of Covid-19. Although a tragic and terrifying plight to be in, Curmudgeon Avenue's residents are still nincompoops. They start wearing face masks and acquired a corona-tan like the rest of us. This special novelette is for lovers of humorous fiction satire.


Short Stories    Satire    fiction


My thoughts:

Curmudgeon Avenue's #ManchesterLockdown is a novelette which picks up the story from The World Does Not Revolve Around Curmudgeon Avenue.

Wantha and Toonan seem unable to understand the rules of lockdown; Francesca is not coping at all well; Zandra Bennett is not only channelling Edith, she's turning into her; Patchouli still refuses to tell Wantha who her father is; and with a name like Gordon Bennett, he has to self-isolate.

The madness and mayhem continue in this brief look at the affect of lockdown on the residents of Curmudgeon Avenue.

I'm now eagerly awaiting Book 6 in this series A Curmudgeonly Christmas.

To get your copy of Curmudgeon Avenue's #ManchesterLockdown

sign up to Samantha Henthorn's mailing list



Author Bio – Samantha Henthorn

I live happily in Bury near Manchester UK with my fabulous husband and wonderfully gorgeous grownup daughter, one cat and one dog. I have been writing full time since 2014, I write every day, I read every day, so we more than likely have loads in common.

I currently have nine books available on Amazon. My genres are comedy-drama and historical fiction. I enjoyed writing them, you will enjoy reading them, promise! Here is my mailing list: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/d0q2h7

I used to be a registered nurse but had to accept early retirement due to MS. I participated in a two-year creative writing course at a local library. I am partway through a Creative Writing and English Literature degree. After the publication of short stories and poetry in magazines, I decided to write as an independent author.



Other stories I've read by Samantha Henthorn






1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Deborah! Really appreciate it, must go and finish book 6 :)

    ReplyDelete