Wednesday, 1 September 2021

The Ticklemore Tavern

Blog tour banner for The Ticklemore Tavern publication day push on 1st September 2021

Written by Liz Davies


⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Lilac Tree Books (1 Sept. 2021)
Genre 397
Pages RomCom
ASIN B093DC6BL1
ISBN-13979-8540319072

I would like to begin by thanking Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for the invitation to join the blog tour for Liz Davies's A Ticklemore Tavern and also Ms Davies for a free digital copy of her book to review.

Book Cover of Liz Davies novel The Ticklemore Tavern

The blurb:

The Ticklemore Tavern

Violet makes her own gin.

Logan Cassidy sells it in his pub, The Ticklemore Tavern.

It should have been a match made in heaven, especially since the pair of them fancy the socks off each other, and they are both young, free and single. Except...

Logan’s mum, Marie, doesn’t think Violet is good enough for her son. No woman is, or ever will be. And when she becomes ill, Logan is torn between looking after his mum or following his heart.

However, neither Logan, nor Marie, has taken the sheer force of nature that is Violet into account. What Violet wants, Violet gets. Usually...

But maybe not this time, eh?


Romcom   


My thoughts:

Having thoroughly enjoyed A Typical Family Christmas, I was delighted to be offered the chance to read The Ticklemore Tavern.

This is the first book in this series that I've read, and I absolutely loved it! While it can easily be read as a standalone, I do wish I'd managed to read the earlier ones first, because I gather my favourite character, the indomitable Hattie, has a bigger role in the previous books. I do love a forthright, quirky old lady!

The main characters, Violet and Logan, are both caring individuals with demanding careers - Violet creates her own gin at the distillery she owns with her brother, and Logan owns and manages the Ticklemore Tavern. They are immediately attracted to one another. The fly in the ointment is Logan's mother, Marie. She is what I can only describe as 'a piece of work'! I've seen some controlling behaviours in my time, but nothing on the scale Marie can manage.

I tore through this in a couple of days. I loved the story, the writing style, and the characters - well, all except Marie.

It's a lovely happy ending story that left me wanting more, and I have now added The Ticklemore Christmas Toy Shop, The Ticklemore Tattler and The Ticklemore Treasure Trove to my Reading Wish List.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU





Author Bio – Liz Davies
Head shot of author Liz Davies

Liz Davies writes feel-good, light-hearted stories with a hefty dose of romance, a smattering of humour, and a great deal of love.

She’s married to her best friend, has one grown-up daughter, and when she isn’t scribbling away in the notepad she carries with her everywhere (just in case inspiration strikes), you’ll find her searching for that perfect pair of shoes. She loves to cook but isn’t very good at it, and loves to eat - she’s much better at that! Liz also enjoys walking (preferably on the flat), cycling (also on the flat), and lots of sitting around in the garden on warm, sunny days.

She currently lives with her family in Wales, but would ideally love to buy a camper van and travel the world in it.


Other stories I've read by Liz Davies






No comments:

Post a Comment